Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bunker Jeremy

General
Halo TMCC Halo 3 odst plus new maps and more

22 posts in this topic

Last month, I promised the Halo and Xbox community that addressing the matchmaking issues and other bugs impacting players’ experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection was our #1 priority.  We’ve been working around the clock deploying weekly content updates and numerous server-side adjustments that have shown good results and we’re encouraged by the feedback we’re hearing from you.  Another big challenge was met when we added fan-favorite playlists, such as SWAT and Halo: CE, back to our matchmaking menu and we plan to add more soon.  Next week, we’ll release a content update that will add all 10 episodes of the cooperative experience “Spartan Ops” for Halo 4, and will address other issues.  I assure you that the team will continue to work on additional content updates to further improve the all-up gameplay experience.

This has been a humbling experience and highlighted how we as a studio can – and need – to do better for Xbox fans around the world.  We are so grateful to our fans who have stood by our side and we appreciate all of your patience as we worked through these issues.  As a token of our appreciation and to thank fans for the continued support and understanding, we will be offering the following items, for free, to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection online since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).*

• 1 Month of Xbox Live Gold
  • Exclusive In-Game Nameplate
  • Exclusive In-Game Avatar

* For specifics on eligibility and further details on the offer, visit the FAQ here.

Additionally, you’ve told us that you want more Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map content and Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One.  As a future bonus, we’re going to make these happen and give them to you for free.  We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months.  But for now, here’s what you can expect:

• Halo 3: ODST Campaign – Development has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

• “Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map – Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.

The satisfaction and joy of our fans is absolutely critical to everyone at 343 Industries and we regret the issues and the frustration you have endured.  We are truly sorry and thank you for your continued patience and support of the Halo franchise. 

Sincerely,
Bonnie Ross
Head of 343 Industries

Edited by Bunker

well if they're adding ODST's campaign then they may add Reach in. here's hoping.

problem is Master chief wasn't in halo reach, but I think he was in halo 3 odst, so they probably think it is a right thing to do.
Tragedy likes this

problem is Master chief wasn't in halo reach, but I think he was in halo 3 odst, so they probably think it is a right thing to do.

Master Chief wasn't even mentioned in ODST. I assume they're adding it because it was pretty much DLC for Halo 3 to begin with and I think it runs off the Halo 3 engine.

Master Chief wasn't even mentioned in ODST. I assume they're adding it because it was pretty much DLC for Halo 3 to begin with and I think it runs off the Halo 3 engine.

A slightly modified engine, like the graphical enhancement.

That's why you have to fix a lot of things when you cross game inject with odst to 3, and why the shaders look kinds weird once the odst object is in 3.

Edited by Lehvak Christmas Dude

Okay so I don't play much halo, lol. Any way, So they might put reach in, but I highly doubt it.

adamgm10 likes this

How could anyone like Reach? I cant stand that Canon breaking mp ruining game. I would be upset if they added reach to tmcc.

Edited by Bunker

How could anyone like Reach? I cant stand that Canon breaking mp ruining game. I would be upset if they added reach to tmcc.

Personal opinions mate. Reach is my favorite Halo game and I know many members of the site that also love it.

AMD, Teancum, Linglin and 5 others like this

Personal opinions mate. Reach is my favorite Halo game and I know many members of the site that also love it.

Reach is awesome.  It may not be my favorite Halo but it certainly has a lot of strengths.  (Except Sword Base, that maps is awful)

I personally enjoy Reach's campaign, firefight, and forge. Some matches are fun in multiplayer when the game actually decides to balance team skill correctly and the gun play is pretty solid. Reach is an enjoyable game.

OrangeMohawk likes this

Just saying, your Bungie.net profile says you have almost 100 hours logged in Reach. If you "can't stand" it, then why did you play it so much?

If you try to compare Reach to the Halo other games, then yes, it might look a little pale in certain areas, but on it's own I at least think it's an incredibly well-made game. Reach was actually the first Halo game I ever played (don't judge me, I was a Sony/Nintendo person until 2010 or so), and the campaign blew me away because of its atmosphere and how detailed everything was. I grew to really enjoy the multiplayer over time too.

Anyway, back to ODST - I think it's really nice to see that 343 will be porting it now, firefight or not. They certainly didn't have to, and I think a lot of people would be happy enough if they just fixed most of the bugs in MCC. ODST was a really unique take on Halo and I feel like it might be a bit underrated. Great to see that more people will hopefully give it a chance now.

Pfeuff, Thunder, stipo360 and 1 other like this

Reach is awesome.  It may not be my favorite Halo but it certainly has a lot of strengths.  (Except Sword Base, that maps is awful)

Yes, that map was awful. Anyway I've been playing reach lately. A lot of new games are getting boring to quick. Reach lasts 2 years when it was out for me. Now look, I'm back on it again.

I like forge that's it beside that the massive and i mean massive canon break ruined any hope that game had of being ok to me. The mp was what no halo fan wanted it to be and it was the lead into the halo 4 age and we know how that ended up.

1. Campaign 0/10

2. Firefight 5/10

3.Forge 8/10

4. Custom 8/10

5. MP 4/10

and i logged so many hours because even if its the worst halo i need all the gamer score.

But beside my anti reach rubble I enjoy seeing a good halo game come back for free

Edited by Bunker

I like forge that's it beside that the massive and i mean massive canon break ruined any hope that game had of being ok to me. The mp was what no halo fan wanted it to be and it was the lead into the halo 4 age and we know how that ended up.

1. Campaign 0/10

2. Firefight 5/10

3.Forge 8/10

4. Custom 8/10

5. MP 4/10

and i logged so many hours because even if its the worst halo i need all the gamer score.

But beside my anti reach rubble I enjoy seeing a good halo game come back for free

So you hate a game just b/c it broke cannon. What is wrong with you, really dude. If story and cannon is all you want, go read the books. Guaranteed if you read all the books you'll hate all the games. Trust me, games and movies are ruined as they weren't as great as the book. Not always the case, but the halo story is much better in the books. Or are you just mad that halo reach doesn't have Masterchief in it, so u call it cannon breaking when really it isn't as it wasn't a sequel in the first place. So reach is going to have a sequel in my bet. Think about it, 2 different halo's for 2 standards. Yet reach probably won't get the sequel do to bungie leaving halo. Anyway, It's just a game and if I sounded like I was offensive, I wasn't trying to. Just trying to get the real reason out of ya.

Summary: Halo Reach was the casual gamers game.Not the truly competitive one. A lot of gamers here were casual players. They were reaching out to new players. I kept telling them instead of one or the other, do both. They did that with MCC, now there is still complaints for bugs mainly and/or trolling. U don't like sharing, do you?. Jk jk

Edited by Cosmic lightning

So you hate a game just b/c it broke cannon. What is wrong with you, really dude. If story and cannon is all you want, go read the books. Guaranteed if you read all the books you'll hate all the games. Trust me, games and movies are ruined as they weren't as great as the book. Not always the case, but the halo story is much better in the books. Or are you just mad that halo reach doesn't have Masterchief in it, so u call it cannon breaking when really it isn't as it wasn't a sequel in the first place. So reach is going to have a sequel in my bet. Think about it, 2 different halo's for 2 standards. Yet reach probably won't get the sequel do to bungie leaving halo. Anyway, It's just a game and if I sounded like I was offensive, I wasn't trying to. Just trying to get the real reason out of ya.

Summary: Halo Reach was the casual gamers game.Not the truly competitive one. A lot of gamers here were casual players. They were reaching out to new players. I kept telling them instead of one or the other, do both. They did that with MCC, now there is still complaints for bugs mainly and/or trolling. U don't like sharing, do you?. Jk jk

I see what you mean but up till that game Halo had very small canon breaks and were fixed very fast plus all the games even halo wars and halo 4 followed canon(Halo wars having two small canon breaks but were fixed later on by book) all i am saying is story is what got me to halo and story will be the only thing keeping me on halo i understand the need for Mp and different feature but keep your story straight. but i just never felt reach as a halo it was way to different of a game for me.

I highly doubt Reach will be part of the MCC. At the most, it'll be released as a separate game in some odd number of years. It makes sense ODSt is being ported since it's just running off a slightly modified Halo 3 engine, which already exists on the Xbone.

Edited by FlamingRabbit

I highly doubt Reach will be part of the MCC. At the most, it'll be released as a separate game in some odd number of years. It makes sense ODSt is being ported since it's just running off a slightly modified Halo 3 engine, which already exists on the Xbone.

Halo reach is also on blam third generation, it's just really heavily modified.. They could add it.

And thanks for re-stating what I said in a earlier post.

Edited by Lehvak Christmas Dude

I see what you mean but up till that game Halo had very small canon breaks and were fixed very fast plus all the games even halo wars and halo 4 followed canon(Halo wars having two small canon breaks but were fixed later on by book) all i am saying is story is what got me to halo and story will be the only thing keeping me on halo i understand the need for Mp and different feature but keep your story straight. but i just never felt reach as a halo it was way to different of a game for me.

That is exactly what I was saying, just don't think of it as a halo game. I know it says halo but just by pass it's name. It's the first Different Halo that is not Halo but a new halo. Get what I am getting at.

FIRST BRANCH: Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4.

SECOND BRANCH: Anniversaries, Wars games, etc.

THIRD BRANCH: Halo Reach. :(

FOURTH BRANCH: Halo 4, 5, 6, 7.

They all have unique differences to be there own halo. Reach didn't get continued is what I'm thinking BC everyone thought it was the fourth game when it was a anniversary game, without the anniversary thing. So reach might get a sequel after halo 7.

That is exactly what I was saying, just don't think of it as a halo game. I know it says halo but just by pass it's name. It's the first Different Halo that is not Halo but a new halo. Get what I am getting at.

FIRST BRANCH: Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4.

SECOND BRANCH: Anniversaries, Wars games, etc.

THIRD BRANCH: Halo Reach. :(

FOURTH BRANCH: Halo 4, 5, 6, 7.

They all have unique differences to be there own halo. Reach didn't get continued is what I'm thinking BC everyone thought it was the fourth game when it was a anniversary game, without the anniversary thing. So reach might get a sequel after halo 7.

Never thought of it like that. you know what i may not like it but what you like is your call.

Cosmic lightning likes this

Never thought of it like that. you know what i may not like it but what you like is your call.

True, True. I'm sorry if I sounded like I was persuading you, I wasn't trying to. Anywhoo, let bygones be bygones, shall we. 

Edited by Cosmic lightning

Games have priority over the books in what comes as canon unless the developers say otherwise, so they didn't break the canon, they changed it.

Teancum, AMD and Pfeuff like this

Games have priority over the books in what comes as canon unless the developers say otherwise, so they didn't break the canon, they changed it.

Even when before that game bungie called the books canon? and the break in reach would mean a break into Halo 2 and 3 canon that yes stared in the books but lead into the games. if that is true then all halo games and books and comics beside reach are not canon? reach canon breaks were in all forums of the games the confirmed canon books and comics. You cant f#ck up and say well everything else does not matter now.