Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mino1996

Support
Spawn AI via the effects tag: Spawned AI does not have a weapon

3 posts in this topic

I do have Assembly and a copy of Halo 3 ready for modding with the modded xex that allows you to spawn AI via a weapon's firing effect tag. I modded the magnum's firing effect to spawn elites. However, they do not have a weapon when they spawn. I used 100_citadel.map for this, and I did the exact same thing for the brutes, but they also do not have any weapons. I did use this same edit in Halo 4 to spawn the storm elite officers, again using a magnum, on the map, m40_invasion.map, and they spawned with a weapon, an energy sword. So I am wondering if anyone knows how to spawn elites with weapons in Halo 3, like Lord Zedd demonstrated in the following youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icRKk1H8GUI

In the BIPD tag of the character, use the search bar at the top and search for "Weapon" there should be a block without an address, you have to take the address from something else and paste it in there. 

In the BIPD tag of Masterchief the address is 0x0:

1eb8a56985.png

In the Banshee VEHI tag search weapons again and click the i to show the address and copy it and paste it back over into the address box of the bipd.

2e052ada32.png
Edited by Kojuku

Yup, I went into the scnr tag of the map file and I scrolled to the weapon palette section and took the address from that section and pasted it into the Weapon section of the elite biped, as well as the count, which in 100_citadel.map is 21. Then, I simply selected the weapon that I wanted to use, I used the rocket launcher. It worked, I finally got the elites to have weapons when I spawn them with the effects tag method instead of just using creatures, as Lord Zedd mentioned. Thank you very much for your assistance.