Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJIJR

Downfall - Zombie Firefight

21 posts in this topic

File Name: Downfall - Zombie Firefight

File Submitter: JJIJR

File Submitted: 25 Apr 2015

File Category: .MAP Mods

Backstory:

As the covenant glassed Reach, a massive amount of radiation was emitted. Survivors were left to fend for themselves.

Features:

• Play as a civilian (spartan colors are reflected into the biped)
  • Modified brightness, fog, and skybox
  • Zombie waves which increment as rounds pass
  • Wepons
    • Silenced Magnum
    • Assault Carbine (Full-auto DMR)
    • Dual-fire Shotgun
    • Sniper Rifle (Extended mags)
    • LMG (Hidden in the map)
    • Thunder Slinger (Hidden in the map)

Note:

This .map mod uses a gametype (included in the zip file), so in order to play the mod as intended you need to, either copy the container file into your memory unit (with appropriate ID's obviously) and load it up, or get the variant file within the container, add ".game" at the end of the name, and place it into a folder called "autosave" in your consoles cache via neighborhood and load it from the temporary history list.

Screenshots:

169.254.77.222-image13_zpszllqxvrs.jpg

169.254.77.222-image11_zpsmvwxdpzp.jpg

169.254.77.222-image16_zps2klw6v7j.jpg

169.254.77.222-image10_zpsecj1fchg.png2015_3_8_23_49_26_zpsr4qqjs7s.jpg

Videos:

Weapons preview:

Gameplay video (courtesy of Gamecheat):

Bugs/Shortcomings:

• Various animations are odd or somewhat broken.
  • In order to not deal with first person animations and be able to add attachments to weapons (like the silencer for the magnum), I made the mod work in third person. However, this causes problems with weapons that zoom in. The sniper is used completely without the zoom capability. To compensate I added an extra four rounds to the magazine.
  • For some reason I couldn't get the zombie's melee to do damage naturally, so I had to attach area damage to their limbs. This causes various problems. If you run into a zombie and he doesn't hit you, you still die (the area damage goes away when they die, so don't worry about dead bodies). This also renders melee completely useless, so avoid using it.
  • AI is pretty dumb. If you climb a rock, a roof, or a broken vehicle, zombies may stop perusing you. It is up to you guys to not use this to your advantage. If you want to enjoy the mod simply keep away from these areas.

Testers:

• Lehvak
  • Gamecheat

Click here to download this file

Tragedy, bfixer117, AMD and 6 others like this

You reckon you could just go through the process step by step. I understand how to load .map mods but the file is .asmp. Do I apply it as a patch to the original Firefight map in Assembly or something? And what do you need to do to the gametype, where does it get moved to? Cheers.

Any chance you could just tell me and save me reading all that. I understand that I need to patch the .asmp file, so I patch it to the original Firefight map, yes? What about the gametype?

Ctrl+F -> "asmp" on the post he linked should find help you out with the map. asmp is the extension used for map patches created by Assembly. Read step 4 in the Getting Started article for a tutorial on how to apply patches. Assembly should tell what what map to patch. If not, the map in this case is ff10_prototype.map.

If you have Xbox 360 Neighborhood installed on your computer and the xbdm plugin on your console, there should be a drive in the root of your console (when looking in Neighborhood) when Halo: Reach is running, called either cache0 or cache1 and should have an "autosave" folder in it. Place the .game file in this folder, and you will be able to find in in your recent games list.

Ctrl+F -> "asmp" on the post he linked should find help you out with the map. asmp is the extension used for map patches created by Assembly. Read step 4 in the Getting Started article for a tutorial on how to apply patches. Assembly should tell what what map to patch. If not, the map in this case is ff10_prototype.map.

If you have Xbox 360 Neighborhood installed on your computer and the xbdm plugin on your console, there should be a drive in the root of your console (when looking in Neighborhood) when Halo: Reach is running, called either cache0 or cache1 and should have an "autosave" folder in it. Place the .game file in this folder, and you will be able to find in in your recent games list.

So after finally managing to get Neighborhood installed when I try and move the gametype into the autosave folder in cache1 it says 'Could not Transfer ": Connection to Xbox 360 lost.' Is there a solution? You also said that the file was .game. The one in the zip folder doesn't have any file extension, and just reads as 'gfyu21cb45yp45555aocssuuejbscqmaaaaaaaaa'.

So after finally managing to get Neighborhood installed when I try and move the gametype into the autosave folder in cache1 it says 'Could not Transfer ": Connection to Xbox 360 lost.' Is there a solution? You also said that the file was .game. The one in the zip folder doesn't have any file extension, and just reads as 'gfyu21cb45yp45555aocssuuejbscqmaaaaaaaaa'.

get the variant file within the container, add ".game" at the end of the name, and place it into a folder called "autosave" in your consoles cache via neighborhood and load it from the temporary history list.

You aren't supposed to transfer the container file, that's only if you want to transfer it via usb. You open the file with horizon or any similar program and extract the variant file from there, then just add ".game" at the end of it. Transfer that into the autosave folder.

Hey, great mod man, very creative thinking, but I have been trying to download this mod from my mobile device and can't get it to work, could anyone help me out? Also JJ, this may be shooting a little too far (lol) but could you maybe add me to your friends list for a day and show me some of your mods, maybe even do that so I can just download them from my recently played games history :D

Edited by The12thManFanX
FederalGOKU likes this

Hello I'm new here and when I try to patch "ff10_Prototype.map" in Assembly it spits me back an error code: 

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\kylec\Desktop\ff10_prototype.map' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at Assembly.Metro.Controls.PageTemplates.PatchControl.btnApplyPatch_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

Note: I have just patched a mainmenu.map file with the program and it worked fine 

Edited by xexsquidz

13 hours ago, xexsquidz said:

n useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at Assembly.Metro.Controls.PageTemplates.PatchControl.btnApplyPatch_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

Note: I have just patched a mainmenu.map file with the program and it worked fine 

Run assembly as an administrator, right click "Run as administrator". 

Make sure to close any other programs that may have the file open. 

I have ran it as administrator, I've closed and re-opened the program multiple times switching between normal privileges and administrator and even restarted my windows 10 pc. (latest .net framework is installed) Any help would be appreciated. I've also contacted the dev of this mod but he has yet to reply

5F71FF56-AF28-4EAB-93EA-1F73C4732EE0.jpeg

Edited by xexsquidz

when i load the .map the game freeze ( i have the modded xex and i patched the map correctly) can you hep me please?:nomouth:

Edited by king09

On 12/12/2018 at 7:22 PM, xexsquidz said:

Hello I'm new here and when I try to patch "ff10_Prototype.map" in Assembly it spits me back an error code: 

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\kylec\Desktop\ff10_prototype.map' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

Your ff10_prototype is set to read-only.

On 15‏/12‏/2018 at 7:52 PM, Lord Zedd said:

Your ff10_prototype is set to read-only.

when i load the .map the game freeze ( i have the modded xex and i patched the map correctly) can you hep me please?:nomouth:

Posted (edited)

yo whenever i put my .game file into my autosave folder, it says "Could not transfer '': Connection to Xbox 360 lost." can anyone help?

Edited by Ovimez