Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stu Pickles

Previewing Retextured Bitmaps Before Bitmap Injection

9 posts in this topic

Previewing Retextured Bitmaps Before Bitmap Injection

Don't you hate when you retexture a bitmap and spend all this time in Photoshop just to find out that you wasted your time because the bitmap doesn't fit correctly on the model? Using this tutorial you can prevent that frustration by previewing your bitmap on the model before you inject it into the game.

You will need: Maya, Adjutant, and Photoshop/Gimp.

Step 1: Open up Adjutant. Load up your .map that you want to inject your bitmap in. Go to render_model and find the model that you want to reskin. Go to the Raw Extractor tab and export the model and bitmap(s). Make sure you export your model as obj. since most 3D modeling programs accept this format.

Step 2: Open up Maya. Go to File - Project Window. You will then want to make a project, once you have made a project go to File - Set Project. Then you want to set your folder that you just created as the directory. Search for your folder. For Example: C:\Users\User\Documents\maya\projects\Miranda_Reskin. Once you have found your folder you will want to place your retextured bitmap into the sourceimages folder.

Step 3: In Maya go to File - Import, after that you will want to find your model and import the obj file into your scene. Select the part of the model that you would like to see reskinned. Assign a Lambert material to your model. This will create a tab called lambert2, open up that tab and click the checkered box next to the Color Slider.

vfqnWD0.jpg

tSRIEZI.jpg

se4kZaW.jpg

If anyone is stuck or you have a question feel free to leave a comment and I can help you out. I hope this tutorial was helpful.

ive done this in 3ds max, you can use any modeling program that supports UV's.

its essentially just meaning to apply your texture to the model you ripped from the game that contains UV maps.

Stu Pickles likes this

Are there any programs for free that are similar to Maya?

Blender is the best free 3D modeling program that I know of. (Disclaimer: I'm not an artist. Don't ask me for help.)

The404Spartan likes this