Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HaloHackBoy

C#
Coding xbox apps in c#

12 posts in this topic

So, i have a rgh. And looking at all these Xexmenu, xm360 apps etc.

I was wondering if i could build my own apps with c#?

The only C# apps for Xbox 360 you can make are XNA apps unfortunately. Both the official SDK and LibXenon only support C/C++ as far as I'm aware.

Lehvak likes this

The only C# apps for Xbox 360 you can make are XNA apps unfortunately. Both the official SDK and LibXenon only support C/C++ as far as I'm aware.

Where can one get the Xbox SDK for C/C++?

So, i have a rgh. And looking at all these Xexmenu, xm360 apps etc.

I was wondering if i could build my own apps with c#?

You actually can code in C# for XDKs. There is an alternative Software development kit called the Application Development Kit. Apps like Netflix, IE, etc. are made with it in C# for the Xbox 360. 

Edited by Kebob
HaloHackBoy likes this

You actually can code in C# for XDKs. There is an alternative Software development kit called the Application Development Kit. Apps like Netflix, IE, etc. are made with it in C# for the Xbox 360. 

JEEEE thats amazing. Im going to change my kernel to XDX now!

JEEEE thats amazing. Im going to change my kernel to XDX now!

Bear in mind though that even though your Kernal is "XDK", it doesn't have the full functionality of one. It'll do basic things, but more specialized things like realtime memory poking (I think?) won't work. 

If you're serious about coding for Xbox, maybe wait a few years and see if XDKs for Xbox One leak onto the market, or just snag one cheap for 360 ;)

Bear in mind though that even though your Kernal is "XDK", it doesn't have the full functionality of one. It'll do basic things, but more specialized things like realtime memory poking (I think?) won't work.

If you're serious about coding for Xbox, maybe wait a few years and see if XDKs for Xbox One leak onto the market, or just snag one cheap for 360 ;)

RGHs running on rgloader can do real time editing. But, rgloader can't play certain builds and you don't have the full experience of a real XDK.

Also all xbox ones are XDKs you'll just need to be in the ID program to get a sandbox ID.

Edited by Lehvak

JTAG or RGH running a dev kernal will be able to debug your application, watson and PIX will work too however you are limited because you cannot efficiently emulated the game or app from your pc to your rgh without a sidecar. You will also not get crash dumps either. You should save up for a kit.

My bad.

Anyways, interesting to hear the Sandbox ID thing? I always assumed that was the service that replaced PartnerNET? Give studios their own little Live Enviroment to host builds on and test multiplayer. Probably wrong though, it just made sense because there would be less risk by doing it that way since each ID would be unique to a studio and you'd need an insider to give you it ;)

Again, probably wrong, but its my interpretation from what I've read previously.

My bad.

Anyways, interesting to hear the Sandbox ID thing? I always assumed that was the service that replaced PartnerNET? Give studios their own little Live Enviroment to host builds on and test multiplayer. Probably wrong though, it just made sense because there would be less risk by doing it that way since each ID would be unique to a studio and you'd need an insider to give you it ;)

Again, probably wrong, but its my interpretation from what I've read previously.

I don't believe it works like that. The think the sandbox ID is unique to the console, and if you try putting putting it on another console you get the death loop. But I'm not really into xbox one hardware, more with 360. 

Edited by Lehvak