Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Danis

Converting Halo 3 usermaps to Halo Online

4 posts in this topic

When I compared the structures of both, they seem to be very similar.

on the 360 usermaps there's a lot of xbox specifc junk like the CONtainer part, but it's obviously consistent.

So theoretically the xbox segments can be cut out and the file will start with blf like on the Halo online usermap.

Now if that's possible, there's also the problem with the idents which are obviously different on Halo Online.

So to solve that, one would have to replace all 360 idents with Halo online ones, and it should work.

I hope this makes sense, if not I'll try to make this more clear,The reason I want to do this is obvious,

but if it isn't It's because soo much custom content has been created for halo 3 over the past 8 years,

that it would be a waste not to include it in the halo online version.

I want to know if this is possible, or if I'm just speaking nonsense here.

01cd94a818.png

Nate the Great likes this

while replacing all the idents should work so long as the format is the same you will run into certain issues since a usermap saves the location of all items even if you cant edit them directly yourself normally you would need to ensure that all items are injected into the game to begin with. 

after you've injected all the items into the game what i feel would be the best is to basicly generate taglists into a seperate file with all of their idents and names. this could be similar to the ones we used to need for reach since that would include the ident, what type of object, and its name. (or open the file directly since all the information is there and grab it without pre-exporting it)

then what you would need to do is go into the halo online tags and create a tag list for all of its files (which unlike halo 3 from the console you would have to do every object manually by hand since there isn't tagnames in the files) and ensure that all of them were the exact same name as the ones you exported from the prior game. 

once you created all your tagname lists (one for each original halo 3 map and the one for the halo online tags) you could probably create a program to compare the files, and use the tag lists for reference to replace the idents accordingly from one game to the other. but even if that is all said and done to my understanding with the halo online tag files. any update we do has the chance of changing all the idents and making it so that you need to remake the entire list again and reconverting all the maps

Danis likes this

while replacing all the idents should work so long as the format is the same you will run into certain issues since a usermap saves the location of all items even if you cant edit them directly yourself normally you would need to ensure that all items are injected into the game to begin with. 

after you've injected all the items into the game what i feel would be the best is to basicly generate taglists into a seperate file with all of their idents and names. this could be similar to the ones we used to need for reach since that would include the ident, what type of object, and its name. (or open the file directly since all the information is there and grab it without pre-exporting it)

then what you would need to do is go into the halo online tags and create a tag list for all of its files (which unlike halo 3 from the console you would have to do every object manually by hand since there isn't tagnames in the files) and ensure that all of them were the exact same name as the ones you exported from the prior game. 

once you created all your tagname lists (one for each original halo 3 map and the one for the halo online tags) you could probably create a program to compare the files, and use the tag lists for reference to replace the idents accordingly from one game to the other. but even if that is all said and done to my understanding with the halo online tag files. any update we do has the chance of changing all the idents and making it so that you need to remake the entire list again and reconverting all the maps

This sounds like a nightmare, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Thanks for clarifying.