Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alejandro MiddleCorn

Support
Green Screen Map Request (Machinima purposes)

31 posts in this topic

I would like to request a .map mod that contains a Green or Blue Screen for Machinima purposes.

My capture card isn't a high quality one, so the blueish screen the map Guardian has doesn't help me.

This is easy on Halo Reach as the shield doors can make an almost perfect blue screen when they are hitting a wall, but that's not possible on Halo 3.

And please, do not tell me to "buy a new capture card with better quality".

Sorry, but many people have told me this a lot.

I believe there was a Green Screen mod for Halo 3, but I can't find that map. That's why I'm requesting this.

Thanks in advance.

it would be easy to make a green screen currently since we can inject bitmaps. however the question comes down to whether or not you have a modded console and would be able to play it. since I don't see any feasible way to do this without a modded console. 

it would be easy to make a green screen currently since we can inject bitmaps. however the question comes down to whether or not you have a modded console and would be able to play it. since I don't see any feasible way to do this without a modded console. 

Fortunatelly I do have a modded console.

I know .map mods require JTAG in order to work.

I'll probably be the first person to use mods for Machinimas (not gametype mods).

I'll probably be the first person to use mods for Machinimas (not gametype mods).

then making any kind of green screen would be really easy. 

i would start with taking a crate or some kind of box like object in the game, duplicating it, resizing it so that its whatever size you need. and then injecting a green texture and applying that directly over it. that would give you a good green box to work with for your green screen. it may even be possible by looking at some of the default shaders to see if theres any that dont get affected by light so you can get a clean scan all the time. 

http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/4549-custom-bitmap-injection/

Sorry I have used .maps for machinimas. I'll try and dig out my old greenscreen. I'll send a tagc to you via pm. Edited by forerunner569

Sorry I have used .maps for machinimas. I'll try and dig out my old greenscreen. I'll send a tagc to you via pm.

Seriously? I thought I'd be the first one :(

Well, at least I'll be one of the few ones :P

Where can I watch them?

Seriously? I thought I'd be the first one :(

Well, at least I'll be one of the few ones :P

Where can I watch them?

Still in editing. I think we are the first few.

For some serious space use one of the "box" BSPs and change the texture to a perfect green. This will give you plenty of space.

I'd suggest going for a blue screen if you  plan on using stock vehicle textures, the green on UNSC vehicles etc can be troublesome. 

For some serious space use one of the "box" BSPs and change the texture to a perfect green. This will give you plenty of space.

I'd suggest going for a blue screen if you  plan on using stock vehicle textures, the green on UNSC vehicles etc can be troublesome.

You can avoid that problem with Adobe after effects.

You dismiss it but if your footage is low quality it doesn't matter how good the greenscreen is because in the recording its still going to be blurry and look bad after keying.

You dismiss it but if your footage is low quality it doesn't matter how good the greenscreen is because in the recording its still going to be blurry and look bad after keying.

However, I believe it will look better with a fully green screen.

I've tried using a green screen for Smash and it looks good.

The blueish screen of Guardian, when using the chroma key, will give my Spartan a blue glowing and it looks really bad.

I know it because I tried.

I just want a Green Screen at the moment as I won't use any vehicles. Just a Spartan and probably the Arbiter.

And the Spartan has blue parts of armour. 

then making any kind of green screen would be really easy. 

i would start with taking a crate or some kind of box like object in the game, duplicating it, resizing it so that its whatever size you need. and then injecting a green texture and applying that directly over it. that would give you a good green box to work with for your green screen. it may even be possible by looking at some of the default shaders to see if theres any that dont get affected by light so you can get a clean scan all the time. 

http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/4549-custom-bitmap-injection/

Is there another tutorial not requiring Xbox 360 SDK in order to inject custom bitmaps?

I don't want to deal with Xbox 360 SDK anymore.

Is there another tutorial not requiring Xbox 360 SDK in order to inject custom bitmaps?

I don't want to deal with Xbox 360 SDK anymore.

we use the SDK since it provided the plugins needed for creating content for the 360, without bundler it would of taken a lot longer to format items for use and unless we made our own code 100% accurate you would see glitches time to time. 

this image in this link was injected without use of bundler. it has mipmap issues, quality issues, and a few others (excluding the few caused by lack of information about the tag meta itself)

http://i.imgur.com/pKyJrXS.jpg

we use the SDK since it provided the plugins needed for creating content for the 360, without bundler it would of taken a lot longer to format items for use and unless we made our own code 100% accurate you would see glitches time to time. 

this image in this link was injected without use of bundler. it has mipmap issues, quality issues, and a few others (excluding the few caused by lack of information about the tag meta itself)

http://i.imgur.com/pKyJrXS.jpg

Do I need to connect the Xbox to my computer? Or I just need to install said program?

If I need to connect it, I don't have a cable for that.

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn

Do I need to connect the Xbox to my computer? Or I just need to install said program?

If I need to connect it, I don't have a cable for that.

bundler.exe is the only program that is needed from the sdk since you can transfer the map back on however you want after

All right, how do I enlarge/resize objects?

If I want a big Green Screen, I'd like to know how to resize, let's say, a block or a box.

Or is it possible to just make a wall a Green Screen?

resizing models

http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/240-how-to-resize-models-the-correct-way-in-halo-3odst/

and to set a wall to the green would be a little trickier. most of the time it will share its texture with something else and that would end up making other parts of the map turn green. but the walls shaders are stored in sbsp and you could change them to the same one the green object is currently using

resizing models

http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/240-how-to-resize-models-the-correct-way-in-halo-3odst/

and to set a wall to the green would be a little trickier. most of the time it will share its texture with something else and that would end up making other parts of the map turn green. but the walls shaders are stored in sbsp and you could change them to the same one the green object is currently using

All pics are broken.

All pics are broken.

Pictures or not you can still follow it. In addition, you'll have to adjust for assembly.

I need help now.

I've done what the tutorial says THREE times, but the game will freeze without letting me spawn.

I mean, it'll give me a black screen.

EDIT: Tried again, but the bitmap is still the same as the original.

Can somebody please take my request now?

EDIT 2: Tried one last time, and the bitmap wasn't properly replaced.

There were a lot of weird colours and in a matter of seconds, the game froze.

And I'm pretty sure I've followed the instructions well.

EDIT 3: This is what I get:

H8wlHs5.jpg

I'm trying to edit Gamecheat13's AI playground to make it a giant Green Screen.

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn

Can someone please make a video tutorial of this?

I'm tired of trying and always get the same results.

Make sure you are creating a new tag with edited bitmaps, then point the textures to those new tags. Try on a Bungie made map too, to see if you the problem resides in game cheats map.

I already tried it on another map.

Result: A glitchy texture that either makes the object invisible or makes it have many colors.

Also, it will freeze in a matter of secondds.

I already gave up on this. I'm trying other easier mods.