Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the killer J00

Request for Halo 2 Vista Modding Tutorials

5 posts in this topic

Hi there. Very new to this site. Hoping you guys could help me get back into Halo 2 modding. Thanks in advance for the replies.

I made my first post in Assembly - Blam Research Tool

https://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/3263-assembly-blam-research-tool/?p=39220

I suppose I should have made my first post here, but too late now.

---

It's a rather long post. To summarize - I used to mod Halo 2 multiplayer maps using DotHalo. Had a lot of fun with it (always offline). I can't mod on Xbox anymore and now have a strong desire to mod Halo 2 Vista. My hangup is that I can't find any guides on how to do so. Looking to do very basic stuff to start off. Any links or feedback would help.

---

On a related note - Is anyone currently able to play Halo 2 Vista online? (I'm asking about un-modded gaming in this question) In the summer I used H2Launcher and had no problems. Now my server lists are blank. Would love to battle again.

One more very related question - If I made a modded .map and created a patch and someone else applied the patch, is it possible for myself and said other person to be able to play it against each other online?

Halo 2 Vista servers shut down from what I know.

As for patching, yes. If you both have the map patched with the same mods, and you can manage to connect via some kind of tunneling thing (ie, Hamachi) you should be able to play together perfectly fine.