Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bfixer117

.MAP
How To Drive A Bipd [Tutorial]

10 posts in this topic

Requirements:
-Jtag/RGH/Dev-kit
-Computer
-Assembly (make sure its set to Wumbo)

Part 1: Preparation

Step 1: Open Assembly and goto Tools>Settings>Map Editor
under Game Specific Resource Cache change selected game to Halo 3
50x5x20113c5k0x6g.jpg

Step 2: Find the directory that has you clean maps or has a clean campaign.map and shared.map
EX:E:\Halo\Halo3\Maps\
I'm not 100% positive if you have to have the \ on the end to tell it its a directory or not.

Step 3: Now open the map that you want to use to get your bipd I'm going to use 100_citadel.map
I'm going to be using the hunter for this entire tutorial just apply it the same way for other bipds

Step 4: Goto Tags>bipd then select objects\characters\hunter\hunter now right click and select Extract... (With Raw)
Save and name the tag Where you want
I'm going to use a made up directory such as saving it in E:\Halo\Halo3\Tags\

Part 2: Injection and Adding

Step 1: Open up the map that you want to inject the bipd into. I'm going to be using shrine.map for my map.

Step 2: Goto tags then next to Save Tag Names click Import... then select the tag you saved in Part 1 Step 4

vk9waj95j8ww7996g.jpg

Step 3: Now we are going to add a custom marker so that we are replacing or using a current one so that also it can familiarize you guys with adding custom string and using them
I'm going to be using then English strings so goto Strings>English​ and then click on the drop down box next to String List. I'm going to be adding my string to ui\global_strings\global_strings now click Add New at the bottom I'm going to name my string Custom0015

d6eaeqazbd8m1cy6g.jpg

Optional: if you want it to say hold <_button_action_reload> to Drive bipd or what ever you want
then open the string list ui\hud\hud_messages and add a custom string here also. adding it here
make it easy to keep things clean.
Step 4: Now goto tags>bipd>objects\characters\hunter\hunter (or your custom bipd)

Step 5: Scroll down to Seats next to count click the + in between the count and the I
now next to New Entry count: change to 1 or you can use Quick Add...
Hunter will already have a seat
​the seat should look like this make sure you uncheck boarding seat
also Invisible is optional all id does is when your fully in the vehicle it makes you invisible

u2kd7hrbc9kfn0nzg.jpg

Step 6: Now scroll down and expand the Camera Track

526cl52bvur31z36g.jpg

Part 3: Fixing Things Up
Step 1: Now that we have the seats added change the Seat animation under Seats to something like warthog_d

Step 2: Change the seats marker to Custom0015 and change Enter Marker Name to Custom0015
I you want to know what these are a bit more
-Seats animation is the animation that plays when you enter a vehicle
EX: change the warthog to a different vehicles seat animation and you will see a different animation
-Seat marker is where your character sits when the character is in the vehicle
-Seat entry marker is where you enter the vehicle
EX: when it says Hold RB to Drive Warthog

Optional Continued: If you added the custom enter string. then scroll down to Enter Seat String
and enter the custom sting you added to in ui\hud\hud_messages if you chose to add it into that String List
Note: You may have already did this in Part 2 Step 5 if you followed the picture.

Step 3: Now open the Hunter (or your bipds) mode tag and scroll down to marker groups click the + next to the count and add 1
this should pop up.

5qqa3wt74n677n36g.jpg

Step 4: Go down to the new added count in my case I'm going to be going to 18-18 (19) since that is our newly added count.

85ovzpivz4g078v6g.jpg

Step 5: Now we are going to add a count of 1 to the markers make sure you have the newest marker group you added selected markers
should be grayed out and the count box should have no number in it currently now click the + next to the i
and make the new count 1 or you can do Quick Add...

wavw8dovbc31f9d6g.jpg

Step 6: Now have the new marker group selected and change the Name to Custom0015 (or your custom String you added in Part 2 Step 3)

1tw6fgcq4ntgkkk6g.jpg

Now when you spawn your bipd you should now be able to walk up to the bipd hold the action button and enter the bipd

if there are any errors or anything I left out please let me know I may have left something out by accident not even thinking about it. but i am pretty sure everything is here.

As always thanks to the whole Assembly team for Assembly.

Edited by bfixer117
weighta and Kojuku like this

I have to say that some bipeds won't be fully controllable.

I mean, you can enter them, but won't be able to move them.

Example:The Hunters in Halo 3.

I know that because... well, I tried.

Unless I just changed the seat that was on the Hunter by default, instead of adding a new one.

Also, if someone wants to give a biped a weapon, you need to add a new chunk to the "Weapons" block.

I have to say that some bipeds won't be fully controllable.

I mean, you can enter them, but won't be able to move them.

Example:The Hunters in Halo 3.

I know that because... well, I tried.

Unless I just changed the seat that was on the Hunter by default, instead of adding a new one.

Also, if someone wants to give a biped a weapon, you need to add a new chunk to the "Weapons" block.

That's why you make the seat a driver to move it and you also uncheck boarding seat on the hunters default seat

then you check gunner to shoot the weapon

also I'll add the weapons chuck to the tutorial thanks for reminding me I skipped it.

That's why you make the seat a driver to move it and you also uncheck boarding seat on the hunters default seat

then you check gunner to shoot the weapon

also I'll add the weapons chuck to the tutorial thanks for reminding me I skipped it.

Ok, I don't know if I understood that.

So I make a new "Seat", or do I modify the one that's already found on the Hunter by default?

Also, the seat I'm using is the driver one (Ghost in this case) and the boarding seat is unchecked.

To make things easier, this is what I have:

SP3bgW5.png?1

The same was applied to Arby. And Arby works.

Haven't made the custom StringID yet.

Great! :)

Glad to see you got it working.

If you have any questions about anything

else feel free to make a post about it.

Great! :)

Glad to see you got it working.

If you have any questions about anything

else feel free to make a post about it.

The question is, why does the Hunter stay still?

I can't move it nor fire his gun.

Arby moves. He can walk, run, fire a weapon, etc., but that's not the same if we talk about the Hunter.

I'll make another test using the custom stringID to see what happens.

EDIT: Got it working, finally.

BTW, is there a way we can make them melee? It is good to see some bipeds firing weapons, but others (Sword Elites, Hammer Brutes and Hunters) are kind of boring when they don't melee.

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn

Is there any good reason why my camera is like 40 feet above my bipd when i drive it? the camera is set to bipd_follow_camera and everything seems correct .... ?

Edited by stipo360

I've tried this with an ODST I injected into Blackout (lockout.map) from the 100_citadel.map and I can't get it to work. My custom string I added under ui\global_strings\global_strings has a "StringID" of "odst" and "Value" of "ODST". I had a custom string for entering the ODST under ui\hud\hud_messages with a "StringID" of "odst_d" and "Value of Hold <_button_action_reload/> to posses the ODST.", but I removed that b/c I'm not quite sure if I did that correctly anyway. Everything else I did the same as the tutorial, but when I shoot the ODST biped out of a Plasma Pistol, I can't get in it. I'm a little stumped with this. Help would be much appreciated!

Update:

I just tried this whole process with the Truth biped as well and am having the same result. This time I did exactly as you did with the custom string under ui\global_strings\global_strings, putting the "StringID" as "Custom0015" and Value as "Custom0015". I followed everything else the exact same as well.

P.S. Ideally, I would like to just replace the Spartan model with an ODST so you can just play as an ODST that way on this map, but I don't know how to do that and I still want to learn this.

Edited by Wally12