Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alejandro MiddleCorn

Support
Dual Wielding 3rd person animation

15 posts in this topic

I already asked for this, but it was a post in the wrong topic :P

You know there is an option or flag in Assembly that lets you dual wield weapons.

In Halo 3 there was no problem because the dual wield animation was shared with ALL weapons.

But Halo Reach lacks of this animation and the Spartans (IDK if Elites too) just stay still even if you move.

The Energy Sword pose was changed, but when Spartans use it, it looks like their old Dual Wield pose (kinda).

I'd like to know how to make Spartans use the Energy Sword's third person animation to simulate the dual wielding.

It'd work perfect for Machinima because lowering the sword will make the Spartan have a "neutral" pose. And doing this with 2 guns... you understand it.

I know the animation might be on the JMAD of the Spartan, but I need to know what do I need to change or what to do.

Also, I already know how to make weapons dual-wieldable like I said above.

I don't care of the Elites at the moment, but their sword pose might be good JUST to dual wield swords.

And I don't want to inject animations yet (campaign Elites).

I would try to have 2 different swords (with unique WEAP, HLMT and MODE tags) with the new one having the markers referring to the right hand switched to refer to the left hand. this is an idea but I have not tested yet.

EDIT: if I find a good way to do it I will write a tutorial once GameNight is released

Edited by forerunner569

I would try to have 2 different swords (with unique WEAP, HLMT and MODE tags) with the new one having the markers referring to the right hand switched to refer to the left hand. this is an idea but I have not tested yet.

EDIT: if I find a good way to do it I will write a tutorial once GameNight is released

Wort wort wort?

I couldn't get it.

BTW, Gamecheat13 once uploaded a video showing an Elite dual wielding 2 Energy Swords.

I believe the animation was changed, considering the bipeds become still and glitchy when dual wielding in Halo Reach.

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn

Open the weap tag of the weapon you want to dual wield. Set the flags to allow dual wielding, as in tutorial. Set the weapon class and weapon type to match the energy sword. This may work but again I am not sure.

You want the Spartans to have an animation the elites have? I'm not really sure what you are asking.

But I don't believe that's possible yet.

To properly dual wield you need to set a jmad in the weap tag to that of a weapon that has a dual wield animation (smg etc) than go to the smg mode and copy all the node information to the swords nodes and that would work but it will look odd without you tuning it.

(first person)

Third person try adding a marker for the other hand but usually just clicking the flag to dual wield makes the 3rd person animation look fine.

Edited by Lehvak

You want the Spartans to have an animation the elites have? I'm not really sure what you are asking.

To properly dual wield you need to set a jmad in the weap tag to that of a weapon that has a dual wield animation (smg etc) than go to the smg mode and copy all the node information to the swords nodes and that would work but it will look odd without you tuning it.

(first person)

Third person try adding a marker for the other hand but usually just clicking the flag to dual wield makes the 3rd person animation look fine.

he could use animation inheriting. but that only works for plasma rifles and only in the animation from campaign like M70.map

For what he's asking I was saying is not possible. In addition, there is no tutorial on animation inheriting so he wouldn't be able to do it cause he would need someone to go in depth not just a over view.

Edited by Lehvak

For what he's asking I was saying is not possible. In addition, there is no tutorial on animation inheriting so he wouldn't be able to do it cause he would need someone to go in depth not just a over view.

I tried this a while back, but it never worked.  I have looked this up countless times, but sadly, I have not found any sources.

(first person)

I don't care about 1st person yet.

And no, I don't want to give Spartans the Elites' animations.

I mean, something like this:

That video shows an Elite using its default sword pose/animation even when dual wielding.

Spartans also have that animation, and I want to know how to make them use it when dual wielding.

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn

I don't care about 1st person yet.

And no, I don't want to give Spartans the Elites' animations.

I mean, something like this:

That video shows an Elite using its default sword pose/animation even when dual wielding.

Spartans also have that animation, and I want to know how to make them use it when dual wielding.

I'll look into it.

Edited by MythicalRewards

It looks like all he did was just edit some markers to get the sword to look like it's being held.

The elites specifically have a "dual" weapon class for the sword. Spartans do not.

There should be a way to make this work for Spartans too. Or at least replace the weird pose they make with the sword one.

Sorry if I necropost this.

What should I do to duplicate the sword class?

I want to make a Spartan dual wield swords properly in Third Person.

The Elite works fine, but how can I make a Spartan use his sword animation when dual wielding instead of an wierd rifle pose?