Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

redbo12345

Support
Attach the First Person Camera to a Biped's Head?

8 posts in this topic

Hi XboxChaos. I was hoping that someone would at least point me in the right direction of attaching the first person camera to the head of a biped. I've tried the swapping the FP arms and legs to a new mode tag with the head removed, and that gets some of the effect I desire, but the camera is still locked in place and doesn't move with the Spartan's head. Plus, the gun bugs out. I've been poking around the mode and hlmt tags, but I don't even know if I'm looking in the right places.

To give an idea of what I want to achieve, the effect occurs at around 21 seconds of this video: https://youtu.be/xaiehZq1g_o?t=21s

if i remember correctly the camera has a marker in the mode tag and in there you can assign to to one of the markers that represent the head rather than the first person camera location

if i remember correctly the camera has a marker in the mode tag and in there you can assign to to one of the markers that represent the head rather than the first person camera location

You're sorta right, the node is named "camera_control" in the fp tag, and changing the coordinates of that does move the camera, but I can't figure out how to reassign it to the head for the life of me. When I change the coordinates, the camera just moves and still has bugs like the gun floating in midair and not being in the Spartan's hands, the crouch looking really weird, and armor abilities seeming very off when activated. I've tried so many things while I've been without internet this past month, and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :/.

First person like that is a little hacky, you have to set third person, then set the camera marker to a head one, but you have to make the head invisible for it to look decent.

2 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

First person like that is a little hacky, you have to set third person, then set the camera marker to a head one, but you have to make the head invisible for it to look decent.

also remove the firing response from any weapon you are using with it

9 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

Oh, so I was going about it completely the wrong way. Well, I've set the camera marker to "head," but I can't figure out how to get out of third person. Changing the camera trak seems to do nothing. The camera does seem to follow the head, as seen in the screenshot, so thanks for that info.

What I'm seeing right now with armor lock set to perma-third person and the camera marker set to "head."

jAgxb7g.jpg

6 hours ago, forerunner569 said:

also remove the firing response from any weapon you are using with it

Okay, will do.

16 minutes ago, redbo12345 said

Oh, so I was going about it completely the wrong way. Well, I've set the camera marker to "head," but I can't figure out how to get out of third person. Changing the camera trak seems to do nothing. The camera does seem to follow the head, as seen in the screenshot, so thanks for that info.

What I'm seeing right now with armor lock set to perma-third person and the camera marker set to "head."

<snip>

Okay, will do.

null the camera trak, and use the camera marker in the BIPD tag. also I recommend you force 3rd person using the weapon, as armour lock has a camera trak in its EQIP tag for when it is active

Edited by forerunner569
MythicalRewards likes this

On 1/16/2016 at 8:23 AM, forerunner569 said:

null the camera trak, and use the camera marker. also I recommend you force 3rd person using the weapon as armour lock has a camera trak built in for when it is active

So, I nulled the camera in the biped tag and changed the marker to head. I then used the AR for third person. Now, the camera has just moved very far away from the player. Did I mess something up?

Edit: Can someone please tell me how to make it so the camera is on the head instead of just rotating around it? I can't figure out how to do it, and nulling the camera trak just does this:

-snip-

Edit2: Nevermind. Figured it out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, guys.

Edited by redbo12345
Figured it out