Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bfixer117

General
The Idea Of Open Information Is Dead. Sadly

10 posts in this topic

Somethings are better kept private.

And people sometimes pay for builds, and if they don't want to share it, I mean, they paid for it.

But I see your complaint; but I guarantee that if you had something  of extreme rarity you wouldn't want to let it go. I had the same views as you before I had "stuff" but now I've changed. 

but you do you fam.

Also like AMD said, if someone gave you a build and said to keep it private, you should respect that.

Edited by Lehvak
CabooseSayzWTF likes this

Can't reply to the first part but I can respond to the second about builds... Builds are a touchy subject cause there are a few ways people get them; 1. Someone buys an XDK that had leftover files, 2. Someone buys a disc of the build, and 3. Someone speaks to a dev (rarely happens...). I say this cause the origin of a build is never "FREE" so when someone gets a hold of a build they have either sought it out or paid dearly for it... I don't want to get into a discussion whether this is right or wrong but it is what people do, myself included. This is the same reason Halo Wars has not been released most likely. 

Battlefront had no right being spread the way it was due to its origin but this is how the xbox scene functions sadly when it comes to builds... 

Edited by drahcir

to address your point on how it is with the community, I agree that to teach the community, keeping info to yourself isn't the best idea, but not everything deserves to be given out. Not everyone wants your ideas and help for a good purpose, some are mostly there to steal your shit and get away with it. If someone learns how to do something, its their work, its their choice if it should be world wide or safely kept to them selves, nothing wrong with that. Causes a delay? sure it does, can you complain? like hell you can't, not your choice to make the decision in that case, Is waiting a year so bad when it means you will EVENTUALLY get what you want? 

On the subject of beta builds, those are usually bought, and not just given. Besides a few extremely over generous people out there, i cannot count on the palm of my hand more than 10 individuals who like giving out what they bought. Would YOU leak something you paid 400 dollars for? no you wouldn't, that would be retarded. Is it fair for someone to withheld info about the build, or the build its self, of course it is, they paid for it. Generosity gets you far, but that's your choice, This community, no, the mod community in general is all a bunch of cats and dogs, no two people can agree without a fight starting

CabooseSayzWTF likes this

On 1/25/2016 at 6:17 PM, Lehvak said:

Somethings are better kept private.

And people sometimes pay for builds, and if they don't want to share it, I mean, they paid for it.

But I see your complaint; but I guarantee that if you had something  of extreme rarity you wouldn't want to let it go. I had the same views as you before I had "stuff" but now I've changed. 

but you do you fam.

Also like AMD said, if someone gave you a build and said to keep it private, you should respect that.

I agree with this 100%!

I have the unreleased need for speed most wanted german debug build before ship that came on my xdk, I personally let bannaswag have it because he's helped me so much in the years on getting builds, you can see vids on his channel about the build. *he's out of the scene now btw if nobody knew that* But on the touch of builds, I personally believe you should only give such builds to people you can 100% trust and have known for years on end. Or if you want to make a few extra bucks, but I rather not get on the touch of buying/selling unreleased builds of games, because I personally will and never will buy builds. I don't have money to waste on that, however on the topic of information about modding and or builds: modding I believe everybody should be on the same team and help each other. As far as gameplay and info on builds, I believe a little bit of info here and there and footage is good, to show people what things would of been like, or what has changed since final build. I don't personally believe everybody should have the right to certain things as that's the way I see things. I also don't believe in fame and being mr. know it all. However to the topic at hand, i can agree for the most part.

i will only say this, i miss the liberty team, we had it going pretty solid, while i wasnt a contributer to the mods it was nice to be included in the discussions and not felt like a retard ( while im sure i gave some of you facepalms ) i was never belitteled or felt left out, like a younger brother that wasnt a nuscience.  I miss the exchange of information

This all being said with the release of the one and the shift and move from the 360 to the new platform, information is bound to be withheld, and we all saw it comming, part of the reason for the name change to daghost, because i have no purpose to be in the ring anymore and i have accepted it.

Its a sad truth to the evolution of the community

so about a year ago I posted this and I would have to say that after a year I still feel this way about this particular topic if you don't that is your own opinion but here a thing to think about the program that you have been using to mod halo and have so much fun over the years is "Open Source" and I don't think we would have gotten this far if it was a closed build program.

First instance of this:

so found this years ago when I first watched gamecheats AI playground 1.1 and was like I though there was no scripting but if you go Here and watch at 6:20

you will see this

String ID     Value

controls1 - AI Playground 1.1. Created by Gamecheat13

which is run by this line of code:

(script continuous void tools_controls
    (sleep_until (> (device_get_position "info_switch") 0))
    (object_destroy "info_switch")
    (cinematic_set_chud_objective "controls1")
    (sleep 100)
    (cinematic_set_chud_objective "controls2")
    (sleep 100)
    (cinematic_set_chud_objective "controls3")
    (sleep 100)
    (cinematic_set_chud_objective "controls4")
    (sleep 100)
    (cinematic_set_chud_objective "controls5")
    (sleep 100)
    (cinematic_set_chud_objective "controls6")
    (sleep 100)
    (cinematic_set_chud_objective "controls7")
    (sleep 100)
    (cinematic_set_chud_objective "controls8")
    (sleep 100)
    (object_create_anew "info_switch")
)

but if you read control2's lines of code they read as follows that says to spam "Spam <_back_button/> and SWITCH GRENADES to toggle gravity." in the added strings  the gravity code is this:

//Lets Break this code down.

(script continuous void tools_gravity

//Rate here is where the code waits for the grenade switch and the back button are pressed to toggle the gravity in this case to toggle it back off
    (sleep_until (and (player_action_test_rotate_grenades) (player_action_test_back)))

//This is the set gravity to 0.01
    (physics_set_gravity 0.01)
    (player_action_test_reset)

//This displays the text : "Gravity Disabled" by this String ID of tools_gravity_off
    (cinematic_set_title "tools_gravity_off")
    (sleep 60)

//Rate here is where the code waits for the grenade switch and the back button are pressed to toggle the gravity in this case to toggle it back on
    (sleep_until (and (player_action_test_rotate_grenades) (player_action_test_back)))
    (cinematic_set_title "tools_gravity_on")

//This is the set gravity to 1
    (physics_set_gravity 1)
    (sleep 60)
)

Original Code:

(script continuous void tools_gravity
    (physics_set_gravity 0.01)
    (cinematic_set_title "tools_gravity_off")
    (sleep 60)
    (cinematic_set_title "tools_gravity_on")
    (physics_set_gravity 1)
    (sleep 60)
)

But I though scripting compiling wasn't possible in halo 3? Well want to look at more code? look at A.I. Playground yourself in the Scripts. along with the added String ID's

Heres another example remember this:

and then look at the comment

"I was waiting for someone to make a tutorial for this." -Gamecheat13

but why didn't make a tutorial how it sounded to me was "yea I figured this out. But i was waiting to see how long it takes someone to figure this out" (The day I found it I made a tutorial cause I knew this would help out with mudded weapons and other thing majorly) you when you posted this a while before this:

I see both a crowbar and guilty spark in the hand which if this was posted on February 5th, 2013 and the tutorial was posted January 4th, 2015 it just so happened that something of this usefulness was forgotten about for 2 years.

This is just to show of 2 instances of the information hiding. This is not meant to bash Gamecheat13 this is meant to show of the information hiding more of the scripts than the second. Man Gamecheat13 I respect you but I feel like we have different views on things of this sort.

Edit: This was made to get everyone talking again in no way was it intended to bash anyone

Edited by bfixer117

Whoa never thought id be part of a conspiracy theory lol. Im not really sure what to tell you. I really wish we had a Halo 3 script compiler, but sadly that's not the case. In fact I've bugged quite a few Assembly devs to work on one with no luck. All of those scripts were created manually and it's a pain in the ass. If you open Assembly and search "Script Expressions" in scenario you will find the raw operation codes for scripts.  Thats all i had at my disposal to edit scripts. You have to lookup the opcode in "\Formats\Halo3\H3_Scripting.xml". So from there you basically need to learn on your own. Comparing scripts and checking the final script in the scripts tab helps a bunch, but if you have invalid script expressions entered it will crash Assembly. All of the maps released with scripts are done with this method. Its painful and very very time consuming but the final result is worth it. If we had script compilers i would be well beyond these simple scripts. What im doing is editing the scripts after they are compiled.

As for the second post im not really sure what to say, Im really lazy when it comes to writing tutorials.

Edited by Gamecheat13
bfixer117 likes this

Its all good should of messaged you before posting but kinda wanted to get some talk going on the site again but wasn't tryin to hoe you out at all man. but I do thank you for pointing in the right direction I don't know what help I could be on the scripts currently haven't really touch them in a while. But yea like I said wanted to get some talk on the site going again. what you been up to much lately man?

but on the topic of tutorials if you don't feel like writing one just pm me about what its about and I'll write it for you and all so the info at least out there if you know what I mean.