Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wil

.MAP
Map Conversion

6 posts in this topic

You'll need:

Console with ability to run unsigned/dev signed code.

- RGH/Jtag/XDK

Resource files:

- mainmenu.map

- campaign.map

- shared.map

Assembly (newsiest build) 

Adjutant

Clean single player map you want to convert 

Clean multiplayer map 

Step 1) Setting up resource files in Assembly

You can find how to do that HERE

Step 2) Preparing your Campaign map

Open your single player map and search for [mulg]

once found rename to something like this:

multiplayer\multiplayer_globals_old

hit "Save Tag Names"

Step 3) Extracting [MULG]

*this step is very buggy so you may fail multiple times, [matg] has so much meta data that some doesn't extract properly*

To avoid this you could go through the mp's [mulg] tag and null all the references to weapons and vehicles and hit save, But, if your single player map has those vehicles on it already it, it won't be an issue as Assembly wont inject tags that's already existent in the map. But like I said, this step is optional.

Once you located the the multiplayer maps [mulg] right click and extract with raw.

Allow Assembly time to extract (may freeze assembly, just leave it alone)

Once done inject into you campaign map

Allow Assembly time to inject (may freeze assembly, just leave it alone)

Once the tag is in close and reopen the map

Step 4) Extracting [WGTZ]

In your multiplayer map search for [wgtz]. Once found right click on ui\multiplayer and hit extract with raw.

Allow Assembly time to extract (may freeze assembly, just leave it alone)

Once done inject into you campaign map

Allow Assembly time to inject (may freeze assembly, just leave it alone)

Once the tag is in close and reopen the map

Step 5) Injecting Your Tags

With both tags injected navigated to [matg]

search for "Multiplayer Globals"

change the tagref to the newly injected one.

Now do a search for "Multiplayer UI Globals"

add the newly injected [wgtz]

6rROfzL.png

Save.

Again in [matg] go to "Player Representation" go to chunk 2 and fill it out with either masterchief [bipd] and first person models or mp_masterchief [bipd] and first person models

Step 6) [SCNR] Edits

In order for the map to load you need to go to crates and make the count zero.

If your map freezes even after this remove some scenery.

this happens because some single player maps have too much data for the mp object pool.

save.

Go to "Maptype" and make it Multiplayer and change the mapID, note your new mapID down.

[optional] change campaign ID to 0.

Step 7) Setting Spawns

Open up your Clean multiplayer map again and grab the invisible spawn point, extract with raw.

Inject into your single player map. Close and reopen.

Go to [scnr] and go to "Scenery Palette" add a chunk with the block reallocator.

Now go to Scenery and again add a new chunk and give the new chunk the index of the spawn point in the scenery palette.

Make:

"Name Index" -  (-1)

"Type" - Scenery

"Parent Name Index" -  (-1)

"Unknown" [one above "Multiplayer Data"] -  (-1)

"Team" - Neutral

"Attached Name Index" -  (-1)

Use Adjutant to grab x,y,z coordinates (recommend having spawns for each bsp, as progressing in the level, when you die you'll might spawn in a de-spawned bsp. or you can just put your spawn in the first one for a quick test of your map)

check either all or the first three sets in "Allowed Zonesets" 

save. 

or you could just replace a scenery palette index to the spawn and adjust the scenery that uses the index you replaced.

Set 8) Scripts?

You can leave scripts or remove them up to you fam 

Set 9) Fixing Your Mapinfo

Open a multiplayer mapinfo give it your single player maps MapID you noted earlier 

Change the map filename to whatever your campaign map name is/will be 

Change map type to multiplayer save and close.

Errors 

if your map freezes black screen this will be an issue with [mulg] or too much meta in your map

restart with a newly extracted [mulg] or remove more from the scenery palette.

If scoreboard crashes: issue with [wgtz] tag.

map loads but you don't spawn: issue with spawn in [scnr]

---------------------------

Once you get it loaded and working you can expand the sandbox palettes

Create backups!

you can add mp_masterchief bipd 

you can load all designer zonesets (be careful with this, your map may crash due to not enough memory)

Thanks to Gamecheat and Zedd.

For Reach you might not have to have your campaign map loaded as Multiplayer in order to forge on it.

i'll confirm this later.

any grammar issues? let me know.

Edited by Lehvak
ProdigyZ, weighta, JJIJR and 3 others like this

First of all, thank you for taking the time and writing all of this down. It is amazing what can be accomplished with just a few clicks, since I have stopped paying close attention to the scene a while ago!

Now to my actual question: I have converted Reach's m70_bonus.map for a small project. The map loads fine and I even can forge after adding some of the sandbox pallets. My only problem is that my forge menu seems to be pretty messed up. None of the strings show up and and menu highlighting is also broken. Are there any issues injecting locales and UI elements that I should be aware of? Do you have any idea how I can fix this problem?

Wil likes this

3 hours ago, Snipe said:

First of all, thank you for taking the time and writing all of this down. It is amazing what can be accomplished with just a few clicks, since I have stopped paying close attention to the scene a while ago!

Now to my actual question: I have converted Reach's m70_bonus.map for a small project. The map loads fine and I even can forge after adding some of the sandbox pallets. My only problem is that my forge menu seems to be pretty messed up. None of the strings show up and and menu highlighting is also broken. Are there any issues injecting locales and UI elements that I should be aware of? Do you have any idea how I can fix this problem?

CUI tags need to have a lot of its blocks sorted by stringid value. Everything but the templates, definitions, static data, and expressions blocks. This includes the Components sub block inside the UI block, but for that you should only need to reorder the sub blocks the the "theme_default" standard and wide resolutions. Anything else there is unused.

Wil likes this

3 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

CUI tags need to have a lot of its blocks sorted by stringid value. Everything but the templates, static data, and expressions blocks. This includes the Components sub block inside the UI block, but for that you should only need to reorder the sub blocks the the "theme_default" standard and wide resolutions. Anything else there is unused.

I would never have guessed that. Gonna give it a try and if I have any further questions I'll probably message you.

EDIT: Turns out Zedd was right. I just had to sort the blocks of my cusc tags and now everything is working as intended.

Step 7) Setting Spawns

Open up your Clean multiplayer map again and grab the invisible spawn point, extract with raw.

I don't know where to find the "invisible spawn point