Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maydelcore

Support
How to spawn AI via squads?

8 posts in this topic

Some guys had told me to try the squad method of AI spawning, but I could never figure it out.

People say spawning AI through squads will make them have pathfinding (if they are in a Campaign/Firefight map ported to MP of course). 

And I want to do that to make AI battles like Hunters vs Elites or make the Covenant face some Spartans.

How can I make these stuff? I believe I don't need to do [char] injection since all main AI is found in the Firefight maps already and there are already a few Firefight maps ported to Multiplayer/Forge (haven't tested them yet).

And if this can't be done in Forge/MP, then I still need to know how to do this and make some epic battles.

I was gonna make a more formal tutorial for this. But for Reach:

at the bottom go to options turn on invisibles.

expand squads

Give it any name

make:

parent squad group 

objective index

objective role index

editor folder index

all (-1)

--------

expand single locations 

use any string for it's name

make:

Use adjutant to get x,y,z positions 

Reference frame: (-1)

Character type: expand character index and give this it's chunk number

Initial primary/secondary: look at the weapon palette and grab a weapons chunk number that you want your AI to spawn with

Initial equipment: look at the equipment palette and grab the equipment's chunk number that you want your AI to spawn with (-1 for no equipment)

Vehicle: look at the vehicle palette and grab the vehicles chunk number that you want your AI to spawn in (-1 for no vehicle) give a specific seat type using the drop box under it.

Grenade type: use drop box to pic which type of grenade your AI use

emitter vehicle/giant/biped: (-1)

command script index: (-1)

second to last unknown: (-1)

--------

expand squad A:

give any string as name

count: how many of that specific ai you want (spawns at same coordinates, add another single location to have another ai spawn at different coordinates)

again you'll see vehicle 

vehicle: look at the vehicle palette and grab the vehicles chunk number that you want your ai to spawn in (-1 for no vehicle) give a specific seat type using the drop box under it.

command script index: (-1)

second unknown under the unknown that is a string: (-1)

Edited by Lehvak
weighta likes this

Oh so complicated.

I should wait for a tutorial. I'll still try it with this information though.

Any other requirements before I begin? I don't want to have any mistakes.

Lehvak already has many tutorials on this. If you cant take the time to learn and spend hours on this then dont bother.

Edited by Gamecheat13

Why so angry?

I haven't seen a tutorial of this. And I am already doing/trying it with the information he gave me.

If you don't like this type of questions, then don't bother on answering.

What's worse is that you perfectly know about this and instead of trying to help you just came to complain.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn

I mean you can also look on how single player maps do this that's all I did and I just adjusted it for forge world, gamecheat has a point.

But what is said is basically it, and my tutorial is gonna be pretty close to what I have written here.

Edited by Lehvak

Anyway, I'll better wait for the tutorial, as I started to get some freezing problems.

Tested with a normal Campaign map, BTW.

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn
Off-Topic.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0