Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

forerunner569

Support
System Link issue

12 posts in this topic

The issue:

System link play does not work correctly. I am trying to use 2 local consoles, both RGH, to play modded maps with friends locally, NOT XBL. The games will work for a while but then 1 console will crash. Over multiple tests I can say that it is not a certain action/event that is causing the crash.

The map being played:

The map is a modified forge_halo.map with some injected items, including Jorge's biped; which has been made a player through MATG. On local play this map works fine with no issues, however over system link it will work fine but then randomly crash, even in games without use of injected assets; A 15 minute round of an infection gametype was played utilising Jorge's biped and gun including its death, without crashing. The issue is also present on unmodded maps. both are being played on TU0, both using Zedd's XEX patch. No duplicated tags are being used. All shared cache files (mainmenu etc) are either retail or exact copies.

The consoles:

Both RGH Glitch 2, using the same nand version (neither modded by myself, both sent off to be modified btw). One (the host console in most attempts), is a Slim 250gb Corona. The other is a Phat Jasper (non-elite) using a 60gb hard drive for storage. Both are on Kernal: 2.0.16756.0. Games tried were 6 player with 4 on the host console and 2 on the other, link directly via Ethernet cable.

In dashlaunch under network, the only ones enabled are Pingpatch, liveblock, and nonetstore. I have tried with pingpatch disabled to no avail. After the first test I noticed XBDM was enabled, so I disabled it but made no difference.

Is there anything in particular that I need to do to the map or anything I may have overlooked with the consoles etc.

Thank you in advance for you help.

If it's also happening with unmodded maps, it's probably something else.

Can you test with clean xexs as well?

@Lord Zedd - Clean XEXs worked fine. However I could only do 1v1 (1 per console) as I only have 2 controllers that work (this didn't work reliably with modded XEXs, and would sometimes crash). I am going to try with the XEX patch V2.6 as the dates are similar to those for the original tag injection, which worked at a community gamenight over LiNK so I understand.

Posted (edited)

Did you ever fix this cause I'm having the same problem

Edited by kirkle

On 11/18/2016 at 8:25 AM, forerunner569 said:

@Lord Zedd - Clean XEXs worked fine. However I could only do 1v1 (1 per console) as I only have 2 controllers that work (this didn't work reliably with modded XEXs, and would sometimes crash). I am going to try with the XEX patch V2.6 as the dates are similar to those for the original tag injection, which worked at a community gamenight over LiNK so I understand.

Unload all LiNK Plugins on FSD, that should fix it, I know for sure it fixed both of my Xboxes, Let me know if it doesn't work :)

@Cserleo when you say unload link plugin do you mean the "FSD Plugin" in the FSD Plugin settings? or just uncheck "enable Link?

On 5/22/2017 at 5:32 AM, kirkle said:

@Cserleo when you say unload link plugin do you mean the "FSD Plugin" in the FSD Plugin settings? or just uncheck "enable Link?

Pretty sure you just unload the LiNK Plugin, if it still doesn't work. Delete FSD. 

On 5/22/2017 at 5:32 AM, kirkle said:

Yeah, in the settings, if it doesn't work make sure both consoles are on the same title update, if that doesn't work make sure you use an original .xex, that hasn't been modified and if that doesn't work just delete FSD lol.

6 hours ago, Cserleo said:

Yeah, in the settings, if it doesn't work make sure both consoles are on the same title update, if that doesn't work make sure you use an original .xex, that hasn't been modified and if that doesn't work just delete FSD lol.

Yeah I kept unloading the link plugin and it kept reloading every time I reloaded the dash but I deleted the FSD plugin in the Plugins folder of FSD and that fixed it and also kept the link plugin unloaded and I haven't had any problems with FSD or system link.

On 6/6/2017 at 2:44 AM, kirkle said:

Yeah I kept unloading the link plugin and it kept reloading every time I reloaded the dash but I deleted the FSD plugin in the Plugins folder of FSD and that fixed it and also kept the link plugin unloaded and I haven't had any problems with FSD or system link.

Great, enjoy dude. Glad i can help :D