Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L337H4X0RZZ

"This disk is unreadable" Error with modded maps?

1 post in this topic

Good day. I'm having a recurring problem that hasn't happened to me before until now. This happens in both Halo 3 and Halo Reach, hence why I've put this in General Halo Discussion.

Modded maps, some of which were assembly patches, some of which I had downloaded from BD (I'm not sure if I'm actually allowed to mention the actual website on here, so I've abbreviated it.) are displaying the "This disk is unreadable" error. My contpatch is finally turned off (not related but it'll be in a spoiler for those interested what I mean by finally) and it seems pretty random. Out of the maybe 8-10 maps I put onto my console yesterday, Only 3 actually work. I'd seen a post by Lord Zedd on the issue which mentioned that it is caused by the map ID not matching the one in scnr in the map file, though from the one's I've checked, they match perfectly. I hope that someone can maybe share some insight as to what could be causing the problem. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Spoiler

So, for those who are interested, my contpatch re-enabling itself was happening because I'd saved my preferences to both the Flash memory and HardDrive by mistake, so even though in Dashlaunch it was supposedly being loaded from the HDD, it wasn't. I hadn't actually seen this as a possible solution so I'm going to leave this here in case it helps someone.