Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Faultiplayer

Support
Changing campaign BSP order?

3 posts in this topic

Update: 

Spoiler

It did a thing. I didn't mess with BSP Atlas this time around and I changed the Instanced Geometry with a hex editor like in Zedd's tutorial. I didn't reduce any block counts and changed memory addresses instead on manually putting in entries. I forgot to set the player starting locations. The cinematic loaded up but glitchey (sort of like this:

) like it was outside of the map, was able to skip it, but everything remained glitchy when I spawned and I was stuck in midair, then it froze. I turned it off and fixed the starting location, but now it won't do it again, just black screens again. Damn it.

I can't seem to find anything on this topic. (Btw, hi! I've been gone a while.) Can anyone give me any hints or pointers on how to change which BSP you start out on in a campaign? On 100_citadel I want to spawn on the map's bsp_040 at the start instead of its bsp_010. Kinda like this: https://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/4188-halo-3-citadel-creek/ (it's bsp_040, and the dl link is dead) but while staying in the same .map file (and staying in campaign mode). I resorted to trying to reverse engineer Zedd's BSP injection tutorial, but attempting to load the end result resulted in being booted back to the campaign menu. Which was a step up from the black screens of the previous attempts. Here's what I did if you want a break down:

Spoiler

In scnr, I changed everything in "Structure BSPs" first index to match its 040 index, and the same for the first index of "Scenario Zoneset Groups" to match its 040 index. (I should have replaced the memory addresses instead of manually filling in entries but I forgot to do that before I started reducing counts of things.) I also changed the memory addresses of "BSP Groups"(forgot to mess with the checksums), "Scenario BSP Audibility"(forgot to mess with Door PAS's), and "BSP Atlas"(likely a bad idea), all to their indexes that coincided with 040 as though I were referencing in an injected BSP, and then I reduced the count of those 3 blocks to 1 thinking I didn't need to worry about connected BSP's as I'd just block those entrances off somehow. I didn't mess with Decals, bsdt (exept as a reminder), extraction/injection, sldt, scenery/palette(couldn't find a respawn point, instead used "player starting locations" and changed those coordinates to the ones I chose from adjutant), or "background sound environment palette", as I didn't think those needed to be changed for what I was doing and were already in perfect condition within its native scnr. I didn't null sddt. Didn't mess with instanced geometry, but maybe I should. If I forgot to list something I did/didn't do, please ask about that.

There are just so many variables and I'm not even sure if I'm headed in the right direction with this.

It'd be funny if it's just one block that I'd have to change to make the player spawn on the desired bsp at set coordinates.

The end-goal of this project is to make something that plays somewhat like firefight, and I've chosen that BSP for that project (and also because citadel has the most stuff), so pointers and stuff there would be appreciated as well. I know it'll be a while before I get to the end goal though. I'm going to go back to Halo CE/2, as Akarias recommended, to get gud at scripting.

I'll update as results change.

Thanks.

Edited by Faultiplayer

Haven't tested to be certain but it should be possible through just the "Scenario Zoneset Groups" block alone by copying the values from the zoneset that uses the bsps you want. Beware of intro cutscenes that may have their own zoneset which gets switched out afterward.

1 hour ago, Lord Zedd said:

Haven't tested to be certain but it should be possible through just the "Scenario Zoneset Groups" block alone by copying the values from the zoneset that uses the bsps you want. Beware of intro cutscenes that may have their own zoneset which gets switched out afterward.

Ah! The man himself! Thank you for replying. I will try that tomorrow morning after I get rid of the pesky intro sequence. 100_citadel also has a short animation of the player jumping out of the pelican following the cutscene, I'll try to remove that as well.