Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Akarias

.MAP
Thunderdome - Testers needed!

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

jrBsB8.jpg

Sup, Thunderdome is a map I've been working on for about a week now, stumbling into manual script editing has put me on hold for a while so I'm releasing a slightly older version for anyone to use.

There is nothing really custom about the map, it has all of sandboxes assets with some of them reskinned to go along with the theme of the map. All kill zones and invisible walls have been removed for this release.

If you download this, I specifically want you to collide with the BSP geometry and note any locations that cause a soft lock. I'm pretty sure I've fixed all clusters and instances but if you do soft lock, report it here.

WIP version contains custom scripts, and weapons that drop in from drop pods.

You are welcome to use this in any way that you see fit, just don't be a knob. :)

4 hours ago, Akarias said:

Well this sucks, I've hit the max map file size. Anything more and the engine soft locks on load, Even just a tiny bit more meta and it does not like it. RIP.

Time to investigate removing data from the map.

Below are two downloads, one patch is smaller and can only be applied if you manually inject the BSP from voi - bsp_040 into a clean sandbox.map then apply the patch.

This keeps the download size small, or alternatively you can download the 143mb patch. 

Known issues:

• All versions: Soft lock occurs when loading a theatre session, regardless of usermap.
  • 0.3p: Overloading objects can be done very easily due to default sandbox scenery still spawning, fixed in 0.4p.

DOWNLOAD:  

Public 0.3, no scripts.

Small: (It's dead jim, enjoy the 143mb download :sick:)

Large: Mega.nz Download

Public 0.4, progressive spawn point script.

Large: [Link]

ADtKLu.jpg

WIP:

Q6R4V2.png

Edited by Akarias
Faultiplayer likes this

Posted (edited)

I'll happily be a part of testing this for you when it's finished uploading. Do you know of any possible bugs that I or others may run into so we don't end up telling you about stuff you already know and wasting your time?

Edited by L337H4X0RZZ
Dex likes this

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, L337H4X0RZZ said:

I'll happily be a part of testing this for you when it's finished uploading. Do you know of any possible bugs that I or others may run into so we don't end up telling you about stuff you already know and wasting your time?

I'm not aware of any soft lock bugs atm, all of the original sandbox objects are still being spawned in this version so you can actually overload the map quite easily and that's about it.

Edit: apparently theatre mode is broken on the newer version, not sure why. Causes a soft lock when loading a theatre session on everything above 0.2

Edited by Akarias

I spent a good half hour bumping into things, walking all over, driving all over and flying all over in 0.3. There were no areas that caused soft locks at all, even walking around outside of the map was fine in all areas. I did find a few miscellaneous things that you may or may not be aware of that should be easily fixable and that aren't game breaking. You can find these screenshotted with descriptions in the spoiler below. Also, the link to 0.4 is just text that says [Link].

Spoiler

071217-2350-15.jpg

First off, the bottom of the scenery section in forge. I had the same issue when adding just one object to Sandbox's scenery palette some time last year, so I'm assuming it's because of the large golf ball you have there. If you repeatedly hit RT while in this menu, it goes down for a very, very long time and you'll see some very odd things, along with insane costs. A way to fix this if you plan on keeping the default Sandbox stuff would be to put all the new stuff in a different tab and then rename said tab in the strings. Personally, I'd put the 3 teleporters in with spawning stuff and rename both tabs to fit accordingly, though how you do it is up to you.

071217-2350-39.jpg

Second, this hog that spawns by default is floating.

071217-2351-56.jpg

071217-2358-32.jpg

Lastly, these two images show areas in which there is floating stuff. I'm pretty sure the first one would be from the master chief head ship but I have no idea why all of this other stuff is there in the second picture.

Other than that, everything seems to be dandy.

Posted (edited)

Sorted out those last few bits, also added complete path finding support!  (More specifically the correct zone and firing points / hits are now in, meaning proper AI locomotion!)

A new global has been added that enables or disable the spawning of two AI squads, marines and elites. They will charge to the centre of the map and battle it out if enabled.

EG: 

Edit: well this sucks, I've hit the max map file size. Anything more and the engine soft locks on load, Even just a tiny bit more meta and it does not like it. RIP.

Time to investigate removing data from the map.

Edited by Akarias

14 minutes ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

Already said this in another topic, but Pathfinding for MP is just good.

More Machinima possibilities. :D

This isn't multiplayer pathfinding, its just using a campaign BSP.

Lehvak likes this

Just now, Gamecheat13 said:

Still multiplayer/forge.

And I hope a tutorial for this comes soon.

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Gamecheat13 said:

And the fact that if you set the ai to use fallback path finding and rely only on scripted movement, it syncs.

(Tested on Link with a pelican scripted movement via cs_fly_by and generic ai using cs_approach)

Edited by Akarias

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

Still multiplayer/forge.

And I hope a tutorial for this comes soon.

Its still using campaign BSP, which is what the pathfinding is generated into. Not any multiplayer BSPs. Its misleading.

4 minutes ago, Akarias said:

And the fact that if you set the ai to use fallback path finding and rely only on scripted movement, it syncs.

fallback pathfinding? These AI arent using fallback pathfinding. Fallback pathfinding is what the AI infection forms use when they have no BSP pathfinding. Also AI dont completely sync correctly for a wide range of functions, they only sync their position because they are a unit.

Edited by Gamecheat13

Posted (edited)

Those AI are not, and I mean more specifically failsafe pathfinding. 

Edit; allmost forgot, I don't think AI "Sight" syncs at all. Having them set to magically see any active players seems to resolve that to a certain extent.

Actually, while am I at: why no dig the hole deeper. Why has no one ever bothered to note the fact that the correct "zones" are needed within the SCNR to get ai migration working?

Don't worry someone will look at in in say 2-3 years then talk about it.

Edited by Akarias

1 hour ago, Akarias said:

Why has no one ever bothered to note the fact that the correct "zones" are needed within the SCNR to get ai migration working?

Needed for AI, but not needed for getting the bsp to load in multiplayer, which was the point of that tutorial. These things happen when someone cares enough to look into something, which since sync problems are a thing, not I or anybody else looked into bringing the extra AI stuff with a BSP.

XxLUCxX 985 likes this

On 27/08/2017 at 11:29 PM, FederalGOKU said:

thanks for release bro!! any progress on this??

Ehh abandoned, everything xbox related. (Unless you count me trying to port the BSP collisions to HaloOnline, fuck mopp codes)

I'm on the ElDewrito discord if you want the pre rigged BSP to be injected into w/e.

Edited by Akarias
FederalGOKU likes this

53 minutes ago, Akarias said:

Ehh abandoned, everything xbox related. (Unless you count me trying to port the BSP collisions to HaloOnline, fuck mopp codes)

I'm on the ElDewrito discord if you want the pre rigged BSP to be injected into w/e.

That's a shame.

Edited by Wally12