Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Akarias

.MAP
Creating new scripts & formatting them properly, Part 1.

4 posts in this topic

So while I'm busy working on Blam3 Hammer I thought this would be a good idea. This is far better than that half assed thing I put out the other night.

Here you will learn how to create and format scripts correctly, with a single argument. (Such as a real, floating point decimal value that is used in this script)

Using logical, arithmetic, equality functions will come later as they required a tad more hoping about inside the expressions and can get somewhat confusing to the untrained eye. 

The "begin" used in this script is not actually required, but as a means of habit I tend to put it in anyway.

Essentially the void used here states the return of the expression after it, of witch is specified in value 00. The function (in this case, set gravity) then specifies its argument using the next index. After this, the real has its next index set to 65535 thus ending the line as there are no more expressions to go to. The void can then state a next expression to go to (such as another void that specifies a new function that returns void and so on) or end the script by setting its next index to 65535. 

Video showing doing this is below, hopefully this is far better than the last one.

It's actually quite fun and rewarding editing in everything by hand when you get the hang of it, just the complex stuff becomes a head ache.

Good luck!

Did snipestyle ever show how do anything like this?

Posted (edited)

I'm so glad that you are is doing this. I feel like I'm getting some of this but it is really bothering me how it looks like you're overwritting existing scripts and blanking out data. How do you know you aren't going to remove something important?

By the way, I'd recommend getting a pop filter in the future, it'll also help keep the mic clean.

Edited by Faultiplayer

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Faultiplayer said:

I'm so glad that you are is doing this. I feel like I'm getting some of this but it is really bothering me how it looks like you're overwritting existing scripts and blanking out data. How do you know you aren't going to remove something important?

By the way, I'd recommend getting a pop filter in the future, it'll also help keep the mic clean.

The random data you see is just default invalid data. You can have broken expressions with all sorts of bad data. But as long as you don't call them, it will work just fine.

(And the fact riverworld.map is empty of scripts and script expressions, in existing maps you have to use empty expressions or create more to use)

Edited by Akarias
Faultiplayer likes this

1 minute ago, Akarias said:

The random data you see is just default invalid data. You can have broken expressions with all sorts of bad data. But as long as you don't call them, it will work just fine.

Ah, I see. Well, you're do a pretty good job of showing how it's (manually) done.