Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wally12

Support
Need guidance getting injected Silenced SMG working

3 posts in this topic

I'm pretty new to modding. It's something I've always wanted to learn ever since Halo 2 mods, and I finally have the hardware to be able to do it. I've figured out quite a few things on my own (through experimenting and many game crashes) and have also been searching and reading through a lot of threads on this site. I'm working on a .map mod now in Halo 3 where I really want to have the Silenced SMG from Halo 3 ODST functioning. Initially I didn't realize how I needed to fix a bunch of the things in the injected tag until the first time I tried to spawn it. I spent a good amount of time correcting and comparing the injected tag with where I got it from (the h100 map). Then I tried again, and while I got a better result, I'm still having issues. I could just use a little guidance. I know my strings are messed up, but I really know very little about strings so that was me just copying and editing the strings for the normal SMG because logically I was thinking that would work. It kind of did? Anyway, I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this!

Here's how far I've gotten with the SMG:

Halo 3: Injecting Silenced SMG [YouTube]

Edited by Wally12

The h3 font doesnt have an image for the silenced smg, and the definitions in assembly doesn't have "</smg_silenced>" as a valid h3 unicode.

On 8/18/2017 at 8:03 PM, Lord Zedd said:

The h3 font doesnt have an image for the silenced smg, and the definitions in assembly doesn't have "</smg_silenced>" as a valid h3 unicode.

That makes sense. I changed the string values corresponding to the gun image it shows on the HUD to <_smg> so it now shows a normal SMG. I'll try to post some screenshots of strings and tags later, as well as continue to see what I can figure out, but I made some progress when I was working on it. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Wally12