Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wally12

Support
Need guidance with injected ODST (trying to make fully player-functional)

3 posts in this topic

I have injected an ODST and have swapped my player model in MATG to play as that, but I couldn't find a tag for fp_body and fp_arms for the ODST. So I'm stuck using the master chief_fp tags for those. Do they exist as another name? I tried finding them on the 100_citadel map where I got the ODST tag, but didn't find them. But my main questions concerning this are how do I get in vehicles now, and how can I use turrets & equipment like the  weapon jammer, etc.? I'm not getting prompted and can't enter a vehicle or use equipment. Lastly for now, I'm not sure how to get dual wielding working correctly for the ODST, but as it is now (not working right) it allows me to have 4 weapons (although the dual wielding ones appear to share ammo?). However, I did figure out how to throw grenades farther (the animation is funny since it use the ODST's lol) and alter movement speed so I'm learning which is good. And as a sidenote I figured out how to change the FOV, so I put that at 90. Anyway, I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this stuff!

TLDR list of things I need help with (that I've figured out don't work right):

• First person appearance of arms
  • Can't operate vehicles or turrets
  • Can't use equipment
  • Broken dual wielding
  • Can't melee when crouched

My progress on it and some issues so far:

Functional ODST injection progress [YouTube]

Edited by Wally12

For the animation stuff (assuming you took your odst from a map with all the vehicles)

On 8/18/2017 at 8:08 PM, Lord Zedd said:

For the animation stuff (assuming you took your odst from a map with all the vehicles)

I injected it from The Covenant (100_citadel) so I should be good on that. I'll start with this and work my way through my issues. Thanks!

Update: I downloaded HEX Workshop and that's where I'm stuck (step 9). I don't have any experience with a HEX editor nor do I understand HEX code, so darn.

Edited by Wally12