Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Generalkidd

Is there a way to remove Tartarus's shield during the boss fight?

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to remove Tartarus's shields completely during the final boss fight so that his shield never activates and he'll be totally vulnerable during the entire boss fight without his shields. I've tried setting his shield vitality to 0 as well pretty much nulling out all the tags related to his invincibility overshield in bpd, hlmt, and char. But no matter what I do there, he still spawns with his invincible overshield that can't be taken down without the beam rifle. Is there anyway to remove that shield or at least make it almost non-existent?  

The beam rifle part is controlled by the damage table in matg. Only "sniper" and "plasma_fast" (both applied to the beam rifle in objects\weapons\rifle\beam_rifle\damage_effects\beam_rifle_impact.jpt!) are set to do any damage to his shield, "energy_shield_invincible". You could go through and make every group have a normal 1.0 (or higher?) multiplier against it and anything should damage his shield at that point.

The shield itself is scripted, along with the initial shield being scripted separately.

On Saturday, December 09, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Lord Zedd said:

The beam rifle part is controlled by the damage table in matg. Only "sniper" and "plasma_fast" (both applied to the beam rifle in objects\weapons\rifle\beam_rifle\damage_effects\beam_rifle_impact.jpt!) are set to do any damage to his shield, "energy_shield_invincible". You could go through and make every group have a normal 1.0 (or higher?) multiplier against it and anything should damage his shield at that point.

The shield itself is scripted, along with the initial shield being scripted separately.

I found the setting in matg but it seems whenever I change any values in that table (for example changing melee to a value of 1 instead of 0), the game doesn't load the map anymore. I am doing this on the original xbox version using Entity 2.1.14 (seems to be the only old tool I could find with a meta editor capable of changing values in matg). I can make changes to other stuff with Entity and the map will still load fine, but for some reason changing those specific values in matg causes the map loading to fail.

Edit: Nvm figured out why the maps weren't loading. Just had to use Yelo trainer to disable the map checksum lol. Anyways, it works. I just set it to a very high value so a single shot from anything takes out his shield.

Edited by Generalkidd