Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
opticalillusion

Buying a JTaG'd Xbox 360 -halo 3

2 posts in this topic

If I buy a JTaG'd Xbox 360 and I want to mod halo 3 on it with Assembly, would I need to run any extra programs? Or just run Assembly off a usb drive?

Another question is...where could I get a good Jtag xbox (the kind that works) and for a decent price? What is the best place to get a kit? Should a complete newb to soldering(ive never worked with soldering small things like motherboards, etc) start with jtaging or is there a good chance I would fuck everything up?

Well first off, your question is indifferent. You run assembly on your computer as well as xbox 360 neighborhood. You can not put those programs on a usb and use them on your xbox, that is not how that works at all. I'm glad you admitted to being a newb. We all gotta start somewhere. Anyways we can not link you or tell you where you can buy a modded xbox as it's against the rules (Unless rules have changed) I don't get on here much anymore. I would recommend shops on Se7ensins (not posting links).  Once you get a jtag/rgh (I recommend a rgh). Once you get one, you will need to learn how to flash your nand on your xbox 360 (depending on dashboard number). I can't remember which dashboard is not compatible with halo 3 and up. If there is a non-compatible dash number. You will also have to learn how to use assembly and xbox 360 neighborhood (Both can be a pain in the ass). You will also need xexmenu and dashlaunch on your modded xbox 360 and learn how to use them. I'm not going step by step because it would be the longest thing you have ever read in the history of ever. Youtube is your best friend on learning how to use those xbox 360 apps, and pc programs. After all of that you would have to setup dashlaunch to work with xbox 360 neighborhood, via plugins. Then you would need to extract the halo 3 iso to a folder on the root of your xbox 360 harddrive. You would then need to know which version of halo 3 you want to use via a halo 3 title update. Unlike some I always recommend the latest game update, as it's the most stable and there was a update for a reason. After that you would need to remove crc checks from the halo 3 default.xex (you can use lord zedds tool to remove crc checks and other features from the xex + add features to the xex). If you don't know how to do that (assuming you don't), if you make it this far you are doing great (i'm meaning after you got a rgh/jtag xbox 360 and learned how to do the rest above). Anyways the tool comes with a tut on how to remove crc checks and such from the xex. Now you would need to put the new default.xex back in the halo 3 folder. Now you are ready to mod halo 3! Go ahead and download and install halo 3 mods/modded maps. Most mods come with a tut on how to install them. Now if you want to make your own halo 3 mods. There are tons of tuts on this site that covers the basics up to the hardest part of halo 3 modding. But to your question, starting out modding with a rgh/jtag and how to set it up can be very very hard. Luckily for me starting out I watched hours and hours of tuts and videos. And my friend had a rgh so I was able to play on it first hand and learned the do's and don'ts of what you can and can't do with a modded xbox 360.  I actually tore 2 rgh's up flashing the nand incorrectly and from a chip burning out. A modded xbox 360 is very fragile. Make sure it's always cool no matter what. Make sure you always install trusted plugins when using dashlaunch (some fake plugins/clone plugins can cause fuses to blow and instantly give your modded xbox RRoD). Anyways youtube would be more help. If you wanna attempt to rgh/jtag a xbox 360 yourself by all means go ahead, I will say this it's not easy starting out. Personally I have no clue how to, and will not attempt it. I've had enough issues just flashing xbox dvd drives as is lmao. Anyways the best bet would be to buy a pre-modded xbox 360. So good luck! Hopefully this helps you understand a little of what you are getting into. and lastly, no talk of modding online or anything on this site. Keep it local play modding only!

KIORABOI101 and haloman30 like this