Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
inbeezruni

General
Can I extract Halo 4, In-game Soundtrack?

8 posts in this topic

Can I extract Halo 4, In-game Soundtrack?

Unfortunately, Halo 4 does not have an in-game soundtrack extraction file.

Can you get the extracted Soundtrack?

Question is, it depends on the audio formats. Some are decoded in the 360's sleep, making the process more difficult. Other than just getting pre-recordings, if they store the sounds in .xwb or .xma, you can use programs like ToWav or XMash to convert them to wavebank audio.

If the format is a complete mess, then you may be out of luck more or less.

On 2018. 4. 1. at 7:09 AM, VORTEXSIGHT said:

Question is, it depends on the audio formats. Some are decoded in the 360's sleep, making the process more difficult. Other than just getting pre-recordings, if they store the sounds in .xwb or .xma, you can use programs like ToWav or XMash to convert them to wavebank audio.

If the format is a complete mess, then you may be out of luck more or less.

Could someone please share the game music files you extracted?

Posted (edited)

I cant remember if the audio extractor in assembly could work with H4, was working fine with H3/Reach. (aside from permutation crashes every now and then)

Edit: You will need to reenable in from the source. or was it enabled by default? no idea

Edited by Akarias
hurr durr

Posted (edited)

I recently removed some of the scripted music in campaign for halo 4 and discovered it Also removed the cinematic sound effects so any cutscene music in game Probably has a bunch of sound effects hard coded

Edited by blackdimund

On 2018. 8. 23. at 7:38 PM, blackdimund said:

I recently removed some of the scripted music in campaign for halo 4 and discovered it Also removed the cinematic sound effects so any cutscene music in game Probably has a bunch of sound effects hard coded

Can you send Halo 4 In-game music files?

On 8/28/2018 at 9:45 PM, inbeezruni said:

Can you send Halo 4 In-game music files?

That sure is a lot of stuff to extract. What exactly do you need? Use Composer to extract.

On 8/23/2018 at 6:38 PM, blackdimund said:

That's correct. I've done my own investigation as well, leading to playing Halo 4 cutscenes with the dialogue only

So, unfortunately, you cannot grab cutscene music. The files for cutscene audio mix music and sound effects together. The reason why the dialogue has its own files at all is likely because of the need to dub the game into other languages. I'd understand if mixing the music and sound effects was done to cut down the space used on the disc, but then there's a ton of left over content during development that's taking up a lot of space despite going unused. So it's just really strange overall. 

Edited by UncookedMoa

On 2018. 9. 1. at 0:53 PM, UncookedMoa said:

That sure is a lot of stuff to extract. What exactly do you need? Use Composer to extract.

That's correct. I've done my own investigation as well, leading to playing Halo 4 cutscenes with the dialogue only

So, unfortunately, you cannot grab cutscene music. The files for cutscene audio mix music and sound effects together. The reason why the dialogue has its own files at all is likely because of the need to dub the game into other languages. I'd understand if mixing the music and sound effects was done to cut down the space used on the disc, but then there's a ton of left over content during development that's taking up a lot of space despite going unused. So it's just really strange overall. 

On 2018. 9. 1. at 0:53 PM, UncookedMoa said:

Detailed explanation Thank you.

Edited by inbeezruni