Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
opticalillusion

Modding
10$ if someone can help me figure out how to set up Halo 3 .map mods

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Al I want to do is port the campaign maps that I modded in Assembly (on my PC) into my 360 HDD where they actually launch and work. (and yes i understand simple copy pasting doesnt work). 

) ive downloaded various Xex's of halo 3 and none work. Ive even took a step back and started from something easy like 

this(even a 6 year old can do this as this has it all step by step I literally copied what he did and double/triple checked) and STILL nothing,. 

. Either discord or skype(prefer discord). Or even through here if possible as long as it works(prefer not to do it through PMs tho)

Money will be transfered via paypal

Edited by opticalillusion

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

Well the problem is..i admit im a retard i dont know how to do this

I know I have contpatch disabled now and even  those "simple" maps that I posted a link to above do not show up for whatever reason. If i cant get those simple maps to work how can I move onto something more complex like in your link :(

Could if be possible if i could..just err... you  know get the patched maps and xex here from a PM from someone ( i know its counted as warez and all but maybe through a PM?)

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

that video links to an xex and patched maps.

On 4/10/2018 at 10:13 AM, opticalillusion said:

I know I have contpatch disabled now and even  those "simple" map

Well today I  got those maps to run because i apparently was launching through the default xex instead of the one that was linked....but just those 2 maps :(

I just want to mod and launch my own maps and its so complicated to remove map checks from maps 

By running the correct xex now the checks are already gone. The checks arent per-map its all in the xex.

opticalillusion likes this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

By running the correct xex now the checks are already gone. The checks arent per-map its all in the xex.

So it means I can launch that xex and use the rest of my maps? 

How would I play my own maps tho? Because I tried downloading this mod(link posted below) and its maps would not show up and running both XeX's in the Tools section located there but nothing happened when i tried "copy pasting" them...how would I get my maps to show up as well? Would I have to rename them to something custom?