Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
opticalillusion

Modding
Some random h3 questions

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1) On legendary/heroic extra shade turrets are spawned on Tsavo Highway/Ark/The covenant. Where do I find the file/script/whatever that places them even on normal/easy difficulty? I tried the "always place" checkmark thing but nothing happened. I could kind of figure out how to spawn the extra npcs that are placed on those difficulties but not those things

2) Where do I find the heroic/legendary damage sections? Like how can I mod the damage enemies do?

3) What sections do I mod to increase my grenade counter?(I want to make it like halo 1-2  where you had 4 grenades)

Edited by opticalillusion

Posted (edited)

1) easiest way is to set -1 to vehicle/character in the squads part of the scnr tag

2) char tag, usually, I think

3) scnr tag, search for starting in search box of assembly, should find it there somewhere

Edited by blackdimund
opticalillusion likes this

1 hour ago, blackdimund said:

1) easiest way is to set -1 to vehicle/character in the squads part of the scnr tag

2) char tag, usually, I think

3) scnr tag, search for starting in search box of assembly, should find it there somewhere

Thank you for the swift reply

1) I was wondering..but if you set -1 to a vehicle/char tag doesnt that mean it wont spawn at all? I actually want those shades to spawn but I want them to spawn on the lower difficulty setting ..not just the heroic/legendary one...thats what I meant  sorry if it wasnt clear

there are some check boxes in the squads for that stuff (i think) but probably that is all done inside of the scripts. you would have to remove the part in the scripts that only allow it to spawn in a specific difficulty. akarias is starting to make some tutorials on scripts right now in fact.

11 hours ago, blackdimund said:

there are some check boxes in the squads for that stuff (i think) but probably that is all done inside of the scripts. you would have to remove the part in the scripts that only allow it to spawn in a specific difficulty. akarias is starting to make some tutorials on scripts right now in fact.

Thanks for the reply

well i tried this

I marked "Always Place" and "Initially Placed" checkboxes

On The Covenant for example, One extra shade spawned but no AI gunner in it 

on the second section, even though i checked the same checkboxes, nothing spawned

idk what to do lol

depending on the map and squad setup at some point a script may use load magic to forcefully have an ai enter the vehicle. it depends.

make sure the character type is set to a grunt according to the character pallete index.

3 hours ago, Akarias said:

y use load magic to forcefully have an ai enter the vehicle. it depends.

make sure the character type is set to a grunt according to the character pallete index.

Well I think only 3 maps have shade(the ones mentioned above)

The character type is set to grunt by default...

the only thing I can think of is that on Tsavo Highway irrc the first 2 sections(the pond and the section where the warthog gets run over by a chopper) some shades have randomized spawns(i.e 3 spawn points for 2 turrets)

But im currently trying to mod "The Covenant" where the shades dont have randomized spawns n the covenant ..

the best thing I can do ill upload the shades squad if that will help if you guys can look into it...

outskirts

ark

ill upload The coventant shade squad numbers as soon as I get home from work

Posted (edited)

Ill have a look for you, here is something to note:

Z51KzU8.png I believe this is the part with the energy barrier, but just an example of the way things are some times spawned. (Outskirts)

I'm pretty sure the spawns are not random, but conditional. 

Edited by Akarias

Posted (edited)

By the way, the reason no AI spawned within that extra shade you placed was because a different squad is magically loaded into the shade. This is done for scripting reasons.

You can enable an AI to be spawned WITH the turret by setting the "Seat Type" to anything other than "Spawn Vehicle Only". This is not the proper way to do it but it will work.

(Actually it may not work if you do not spawn in with the correct zone set/BSPs loaded, it will be out of bounds and instantly die.)

Another example of this is the warthog you are magically loaded into on voi, a squad is spawned "Spawn Vehicle Only" so it spawns empty but gets referred to as a squad even though its just a vehicle. Then the very first AI in the initial marine squad is magically loaded into the warthogs driver seat. The initial marine squad has an objective set and it does not use a command script to arrive at its destination other than setting the vehicles max speed to 0.7 of 1. It's neat to see how different scriptwriters from Bungie wrote things in different ways.

Edited by Akarias

Well I also tried making these kind of special difficulty vehicles to show up, but the easiest way to perform was to set the game at the highest difficulty but reducing the A.I damage on player, making it play as Normal diff but in original Legendary diff. Although the best way to make it spawn and it's A.I is via scripting. Something that I had to learn and follow trough some cut vehicle, A.I stuff on Halo: Combat Evolved.

Posted (edited)

On 4/14/2018 at 0:52 PM, Akarias said:

Ill have a look for you, here is something to note:

Z51KzU8.png I believe this is the part with the energy barrier, but just an example of the way things are some times spawned. (Outskirts)

I'm pretty sure the spawns are not random, but conditional. 

Ahh sry

1)  what i meant by "random" spawning( I at first thought it was random) was because these shades have diff spawn points depending on diffuclity

Ok what Im trying to do now is(since im not yet advanced enough to spawn stationary vehicles on my own cuz it always seems to mess up and I dont have the coordinates  function) ....get the Shade turrets that spawn on Normal/Heroic Difficulties into Legendary as well as the ones that spawn on Legendary(so it spawns all 3 not just 2 ) how do i do that?

On section one this one spawns on Heroic only 

B8HAfXs.jpg

On section 2 this one spawns on Normal only(notice its on the left side)

https://imgur.com/iqvnPsh

2) Some maps(for example Tsavo Highway have tags for Ghosts and Prowlers but they are not in the Vehicle Palette. How would I add them into the Palette so I can spawn them with AI in them? I did download AltSierra's mod that has all the tags just incase

3) For a custom map type thing( I want to make an zombie type experience where the flood literally just rushes you and you have limited ammo and weps) i removed all "weapons in the open" on the Cortana level and checked so that the flood squads do not spawn with weapons but some still do? It has to be a script thing depending on difficulty but I cant seem to find it in scripts anywhere  

Posted (edited)

I think you are being a tad ambitious, its good none the less but first:

1. Track down what part of the script spawns those particular turrets (Use their "squads\single spawn" name to find the ai_place for them. (EG: "phantom_spawn\pilot1"
  2. Edit the script so that the ai_place for them is outside the difficulty checks.

There is not a lot of work to do, its just navigating the expressions is half the battle.

Edited by Akarias

Would it not be easier to replace the conditionals/difficulty to be like (if (>= game_difficulty_get_real) easy) instead of trying to reorganize?

Or even, I assume (if (!= game_difficulty_get_real) 4) where the value is outside of the difficulty enum?

1 hour ago, Lord Zedd said:

Would it not be easier to replace the conditionals/difficulty to be like (if (>= game_difficulty_get_real) easy) instead of trying to reorganize?

Or even, I assume (if (!= game_difficulty_get_real) 4) where the value is outside of the difficulty enum?

You could do that but you would get all the extra AI that comes along with it. Its entirely up to the user.

Posted (edited)

I hate to be spoonfed but....Ok what I did was put "Legendary" difficulty into those difficulty_get_real sections instead of the normal/heroic but nothing happened :( What am I doing wrong?IUXPMY2.jpg

Another question...the phantom that drops off hunters on the Ark(the sniping section) seems to be indestructible. What causes it and how can I remove it from being indestructible? its not the "deathless" vehicle variant . Similar question goes for a couple of phantoms in the Sierra117 level(specifically the ones in the very end about 2-3 of them are indestructible and I would very much like to make them destructible)