Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jmichaels

.MAP
HELP with modding .maps in Assembly

9 posts in this topic

Okay, so I'm trying to inject tags into assembly and nothing is working. I am not quite sure what I've done wrong, i've been looking everywhere on how to do this, but there is nothing for halo 3.

Here is what I have set in my assembly settings,

-resource cache is in the folder where it has the shared, mainmenu, and campaign.map

-selected the halo 3 game

-opened up a campaign.map file like the citadel map

-opened up the vehi/char.taglist and would either extract the hunter char or phantom.tagc RAW into a tag folder

-opened up sandbox map

-imported those tags

-weap then I would make my magnum shoot out and it would freeze when choose those, but it wont freeze when I choose what is defaulted in the bipd or vehi.taglist

And when I try to edit the forge menu, it wont work. I go to scnr.taglist and even when I try changing the budget limit from 1500 to 3000, wont work.

I don't know if its because I'm not on the original sandbox map because I deleted everything off of there and I already have the budget to 1500? I was using another map called, sandbox canvas whereas everything is deleted and I have $1500, but I even tried all of this on the regular default sandbox map and nothing works. Please guys, help

If I were you I would probably inspect other peoples mods and compare maps side by side to see exactly what was edited. I know sometimes injecting certain just freezes sometimes. The money thing has been done before, here, you can inspect this mod. Or maybe if you google around enough someone else has already asked that question.

is that for halo 3 and dude, believe me, I have looked. If you know, then you could help me man.

Posted (edited)

Are you poking these changes? Cause you can't poke injection and if you're poking the sandbox budget you need to reload scnr. Best to do all of this then transfer over to your modded console or XDK.

As for expanding the forge palette you go to the .maps scenario search for Sandbox (vehicles, weapons, etc...) then expand the reflexive add a tagref set up name with StringIDs.

Also here is injection:

If none of this continues to works I suggest making sure you have the xbdm.xex plugin set up in dash launch if you're on a modded console, cause without that you can't real time edit. If issues still continue make sure you're using the most up-to-date Assembly.  

Edited by Lehvak

On 7/3/2018 at 11:06 AM, Lehvak said:

Are you poking these changes? Cause you can't poke injection and if you're poking the sandbox budget you need to reload scnr. Best to do all of this then transfer over to your modded console or XDK.

As for expanding the forge palette you go to the .maps scenario search for Sandbox (vehicles, weapons, etc...) then expand the reflexive add a tagref set up name with StringIDs.

Also here is injection:

If none of this continues to works I suggest making sure you have the xbdm.xex plugin set up in dash launch if you're on a modded console, cause without that you can't real time edit. If issues still continue make sure you're using the most up-to-date Assembly.  

Thank you man, I appreciate it. What about adding items to the forge palette?

29 minutes ago, Ebilz said:

Thank you man, I appreciate it. What about adding items to the forge palette?

On 7/3/2018 at 0:06 PM, Lehvak said:

By expand reflexive I mean add a new chunk to it. If you have an updated asm, you just click the plus sign and increment by one.

Jmichaels likes this

Posted (edited)

On 7/5/2018 at 7:42 PM, Lehvak said:

By expand reflexive I mean add a new chunk to it. If you have an updated asm, you just click the plus sign and increment by one.

I’ve done everything you’ve said and it isn’t working. I’ve transferred my modded .map file to my Xbox, went to scnr, went to the vehicle selection on there, but there is no place where it has string ID. It’s different than reach. 

Edited by Ebilz

On 7/8/2018 at 0:14 PM, Ebilz said:

I’ve done everything you’ve said and it isn’t working. I’ve transferred my modded .map file to my Xbox, went to scnr, went to the vehicle selection on there, but there is no place where it has string ID. It’s different than reach. 

On 6/29/2018 at 0:56 PM, Ebilz said:

Okay, so I'm trying to inject tags into assembly and nothing is working. I am not quite sure what I've done wrong, i've been looking everywhere on how to do this, but there is nothing for halo 3.

You said how to do things in halo 3, not reach, reach's engine is heavily edited and many thanks are different. 

How to do it in Halo Reach:

You don't need mapexpand anymore as I said assembly has a built in feature to expand a reflexive's chunk count. 

Also You should read this:

Lehvak, is there any way I can reach you outside of this? I feel like this isn’t really working out man :(