Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Abuzi

Modding
How do I spawn AI through the effect tag?

5 posts in this topic

I am new to modding as I have just gotten an RGH xbox, and wanted to spawn AI through the effect tag like Lord Zedd does in his video. Specifically, I wanted to spawn marines since I already modded the marine's biped to be drivable. I know a lot of the modded community is dead now, but help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I use assembly to edit my maps.

Posted (edited)

Make sure you are using Zedd's latest .xex patch.

Goto your desired effe tag, ill be using the plasma pistol impact effect. The effect is created when a plasma pistol projectile hits an object or is otherwise "detonated".

Goto the "Events" tagblock and then have a look at the "Parts" subblock. You will a whole bunch of extra parameters but you can ignore them in this case.

Have a look at this area:

RQT1UZq.jpg

Change the "Anticipated Tag Class" to "char" and then set the "Spawned Tag" tagref to the character tag that you want to spawn.

Like so...

1NEREqB.jpg

Please note that this will replace a part of that effect, if you wish to keep the entire effect original but still spawn the AI you will need to add a new "Part" tagblock and set it up accordingly. 

The community is not really dead per say, just everyone is busy with life or has moved to discord.

Edited by Akarias
Greasy Goose and Abuzi like this

Thank you very much, I have been looking all over the forum for this!

Posted (edited)

I followed the instructions that Akarias wrote above in his post and the AI spawn, but they don't have their weapons. In Zedd's video, the brutes he spawned have their weapons. I'm on the same map as him too, so I'm not sure why this is occuring. Maybe Akarias missed a step?

Edited by modderman99

PM'd 

Go and change your char/bipd tags so they spawn with weapons by default.

Normally any AI like sentinels and hunters have their weapons set in their bipd or other means. 

AI are normally spawned using the squads tag block in the SCNR, in there they are given the weapons that they need by the map designer.

modderman99 likes this