Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
opticalillusion

Modding
Question regarding scripts not saving

3 posts in this topic

Soz for no responses to anyone  (i was moving)

but this was my previous topic(I was trying to make one of the Phantoms on the ark destructible and couldnt figure out how because the vehicle wasn't set to "deathless" or anything so  it appears that the phantom is governed by a script to be indestructible and I believe i found the script)

118jG3v.png

the problem I have is that the script isnt saving when I click "save and compile. So my question is what can I do to make that phantom destructible? 

Edited by opticalillusion

Hiya, the script decompiler is assembly is just that; it is not able to recompile the scripts and save them back to the map.

If you want to edit the scripts for a map you will need to do it all manually in the scnr for that map, some hex editing knowledge is also required  if you wish to make the process faster in the future.

Please refer to the following on how to read expressions:

That thread is not fantastic, I've been working on rewiring the whole thing and making it less of a ramble along with logic examples etc.

avI9RF0.jpg

This shows you how to navigate the expressions index and essentially read the script in expression form, if you just want to disable that line of expressions it is actually quite easy.

You would need to find the opening group expression for the line above and set its NEI to the opening group expression for the line below it.

zVB2xgY.jpg

So you would be skipping the cannot take damage group of expressions all together. 

Before you try this in a campaign map, try doing it in a multiplayer map as there are far less expressions to deal with and thus it is not as easy to get lost. Try removing a line from shrine.map's auto turret setup script.

If things are a bit too hard to understand let me know and ill make a quick video showing you the entire process.

Good luck!

Edited by Akarias
Faultiplayer likes this

9 hours ago, opticalillusion said:

Soz for no responses to anyone  (i was moving)

but this was my previous topic(I was trying to make one of the Phantoms on the ark destructible and couldnt figure out how because the vehicle wasn't set to "deathless" or anything so  it appears that the phantom is governed by a script to be indestructible and I believe i found the script)

118jG3v.png

the problem I have is that the script isnt saving when I click "save and compile. So my question is what can I do to make that phantom destructible? 

go to scnr, script expressions, dropdown to index 28992, change the next index to 29004 and next salt to 54464 and that should skip the two lines

Edited by blackdimund