Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abuzi

Melee help for Halo 2 Vista?

5 posts in this topic

I have been modding campaign levels in Halo 2 Vista through Assembly and have been changing my bipeds. However, whenever switch to an Elite biped, the melee works but the animation itself does not. I already tried the method used in https://halo2.online/threads/halo-2-vista-melee-help-needed.1070  , and when I tried it on a level, the game would either crash or say Insert Halo 2 Disc.

Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated

The method linked does work.

"Now to explain how to enable animations for non-player characters, this example assumes you have changed your player representation in matg to elite.
    In Assembly search "jmad", open up the drop down and find "characters\elite\elite"
    Scroll down to the "modes" tab (for this example we will be enabling the melee animation for the elite player)
    In the "modes" drop down tab next to the heading, scroll through until you find combat, it will say that under the "modes" tab, next to "label"
    In the "weapon class" drop down, select what weapon classes you want to apply melee animations to (you will have to do the next step for all weapon classes as the values are different.
    -- In this example we'll give the player pistol melee animations-- Scroll through the drop down box until you find "pistol"
    In the "weapon type" drop down box, use the drop down tab to select "any".
    Open up the "actions" and "overlays" drop down boxes.
    In the "actions" drop down box, scroll through the tabs until you find "melee".
    In the "overlays" drop down, replace "wave" with "melee" and change the animation index value of the overlays box to match the animation index value of the actions box.
    Now your "overlays" tab should read
    -- Label "melee"
    -- Graph index "-1"
    -- Animation index "145" (this is the value for 03b_oldmombasa.map)
    Hit save or poke (if the mission is open in game) to apply your changes."

Edited by Sod

The thing is, the drop down menu is not a drop down menu for me and it just says any.

kinker.PNG