Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jmichaels

.MAP
How to Play as Other Characters

9 posts in this topic

NOTE: This WILL NOT  work for those who do not have a modded Xbox 360 console. Sorry!

There are two parts to this tutorial; part one will teach you how to extract .tag files such as [bipd] which will be what we are using for this and is crucial for part two, part two will teach you how to import the extracted [bipd] 

Part One - Extracting your [bipd]

1. Open up a .map file of your choosing

2. Choose any campaign .map that you want (preferably citadel because it has the most bipds and char)

3. Once opened, go to the bipd taglist and choose any bipd you want

for this tutorial, I will be choosing the grunt.bipd

4. Highlight and right click on the grunt bipd tag and Extract... (With Raw)

giphy.gif

5. Now, you will need to drag your .map file over to your neighborhood map folder

Part Two - Importing your [bipd] and playing as your character

6. After that, you will go to the .map you're wanting to mod 

7. Import the extracted bipd you chose

8. Find the taglist [matg]

9. Search for, "Player Representation"

10. Choose whichever player you are, elite or masterchief  I am player masterchief

YsE3AzM.png

11. In the red box is what bipd you will be changing and you can change it whatever you want I chose the grunt.bipd once again

rFykH9a.png

12. As you can see, i chose the grunt bipd, once you've chose your bipd, click poke and respawn

After I’ve poked, here’s my grunt after respawning

Spoiler

SyYTaPM.jpg

Be sure to check out my YouTube channel!

Edited by Jmichaels
FederalGOKU likes this

Hey there! Thanks for the reply, first and foremost, do you have everything set up correctly?

You need to make sure that you have your resource cache file location set up in your assembly. Do you have this set up?

No problem! That is what I am here for, glad I could help! Sorry for the late reply, if you ever want to get ahold of me, get ahold of me in skype and discord! The only thing I ask in return is be sure to check out my videos on youtube and subscribe to my channel lol. Thanks!

Discord: Jmichaels#8491

YouTube: Jmichaels

On 15/09/2018 at 6:04 AM, Jmichaels said:

NOTE: This WILL NOT  work for those who do not have a modded Xbox 360 console. Sorry!

There are two parts to this tutorial; part one will teach you how to extract .tag files such as [bipd] which will be what we are using for this and is crucial for part two, part two will teach you how to import the extracted [bipd] 

Part One - Extracting your [bipd]

1. Open up a .map file of your choosing

2. Choose any campaign .map that you want (preferably citadel because it has the most bipds and char)

3. Once opened, go to the bipd taglist and choose any bipd you want

for this tutorial, I will be choosing the grunt.bipd

4. Highlight and right click on the grunt bipd tag and Extract... (With Raw)

giphy.gif

5. Now, you will need to drag your .map file over to your neighborhood map folder

Part Two - Importing your [bipd] and playing as your character

6. After that, you will go to the .map you're wanting to mod 

7. Import the extracted bipd you chose

8. Find the taglist [matg]

9. Search for, "Player Representation"

10. Choose whichever player you are, elite or masterchief  I am player masterchief

YsE3AzM.png

11. In the red box is what bipd you will be changing and you can change it whatever you want I chose the grunt.bipd once again

rFykH9a.png

12. As you can see, i chose the grunt bipd, once you've chose your bipd, click poke and respawn

After I’ve poked, here’s my grunt after respawning

Reveal hidden contents

SyYTaPM.jpg

Be sure to check out my YouTube channel!

I have an error message when I want to extract the bipd file: 

Unable to extract tag because a ressource it relies on is in a external cache ‘{0}’ that could not be found. Check Assembly settings and set the file path to resource caches