Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
opticalillusion

Anniversary
Modding halo anniversary?

7 posts in this topic

Is it possible to mod halo anniversary to where enemies can drop their  energy sword/fuel rod gun upon death instead of those weapons exploding? What programs do I use to mod halo anniversary? I cant even figure out how to mod the xex tho lol(yeah im a green noob).

Posted (edited)

Bump(not sure if bumps are allowed but)

well i got the xex for anniversary from the 1st page on here( i got the decompressed default.xex too by dropping it so im assuming im doing something right) but...so far i have been unable to get anything to read the halo CE maps. 

Im assuming I need to decompress the CEA maps and then use eschaton and then recompress them back? I was looking online for already made tools an apparently Modzy made a Eschaton AE specifically for anniversary but all links seem to be dead.  Anyone know what to do because the regular eschaton doesn't work and Adjutant doesnt let me edit tags

this is the dead link to Eschaton AE http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18243

Edited by opticalillusion

On 3/6/2019 at 1:16 PM, Lord Zedd said:

You need:
Map Endian Converter

CEA Compression Tools

And I just uploaded the Eschaton AE I have here https://mega.nz/#!DtURjCJC!I0AuEmvgPkpzCZlkLQ6yH6jeHBGXDWwRbEQOAxIGm9Q

Ty...one more question though

I was able to do a bit of modding by simply decompressing the map needed and using Eschaton AE.Should I instead use MapEndianSwapper and then use Eschaton 0.8? And how would I"unswap"a "swapped" map or is it not required and I simply need to repack it once I am done?

I don't quite recall anymore, I think the swap was needed to view the maps correctly in Eschaton. But maybe that step got removed at some point. And it should be able to swap both ways.

I am interested in doing this also and I'm hoping you guys know if there are any tutorials on how to do this?

Just an update on my previous comment/post. I managed to mod the first level with Eschaton AE and changed the elites to spartans, in classic mode they seem fine, however in Anniversary mode the elites are messed up. Their heads are inside their bodies and doesn't seem right. Animations are all good being Spartan animations, i's just the skin of the model still being an elite? Any idea how to fix this?