Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Vengeful 'Vadam

Modding
How do you change the color of the numbers plate on the DMR?

10 posts in this topic

The number plates being displayed on the DMR is actually a texture, not a normal colored number.

To use the Beta colors you'd need to extract the texture from the actual beta game build and then import it to the current game release.

In order to do it, i'd recommend you to use Assembly.

Edited by AltSierra117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AltSierra117 said:

The number plates being displayed on the DMR is actually a texture, not a normal colored number.

To use the Beta colors you'd need to extract the texture from the actual beta game build and then import it to the current game release.

In order to do it, i'd recommend you to use Assembly.

I am using Assembly. I'm working on a Reach campaign mod that fundamentally changes many aspects of the sandbox,and I want a few visual changes here and there. I assume I have to go into the DMR's bitmap tag? I don't really know much about extracting and importing tags/files, either. I'm still new to all this haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just change the shader tint values. Go to the render model and check the shaders, one of them will be the numbers. Goto it and adjust the values there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Akarias said:

Just change the shader tint values. Go to the render model and check the shaders, one of them will be the numbers. Goto it and adjust the values there.

You mean these RGB numbers here ? The only thing they do is to how the texture appears on the weapon. It doesn't change the colors of the texture. Or either way i'm doing it wrong! Which may happen.

0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weapon numbers are a sprite sheet and they react well to tint changes iirc, so yeah.

I remember something along the lines of changing the "display" shader will add a tint to the entire ammo counter on weapons like the AR.

Or you can just go overboard like this. Its HO but same idea.

SopcAW7.jpg

Edited by Akarias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it actually works. What I was doing was poking values into the game, which didn't changed anything until the game reloads the shaders and textures. Best way to make it work is to save the changes and replace the map over the Xbox HDD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Akarias said:

Weapon numbers are a sprite sheet and they react well to tint changes iirc, so yeah.

I remember something along the lines of changing the "display" shader will add a tint to the entire ammo counter on weapons like the AR.

Or you can just go overboard like this. Its HO but same idea.

SopcAW7.jpg

 

Speaking of which, how exactly did you change the colors for those Plasma Rifles to make them look that green? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If you are on a console you'll need to poke a shader refresh in order for the changes to take effect after you have poked your changes. 

eg: 0x828E676E for Halo 3.

 

I made those in a few mins specifically for this thread. Those values also control other aspects of the shader(s) so be careful with what you change. Some control the UV unwrap of the bitmap etc.

qgriCoY.jpg <--- Here you can see part of a map that I moved.

dorgN0b.jpg <--- Finished product

Edited by Akarias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the number plates figured out. This will probably be the closest I can get to the Beta variant since it uses a different font entirely, and I believe the lighting's handled slightly different there, as well.

R=1, G=0.4, B=0.12

Thanks for all the help, guys!

My Great Capture Screenshot 2019-01-01 12-24-16.png

AltSierra117 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now