Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KasperZERO

Halo: CE
Halo - Play as a Grunt Campaign [Xbox Map Pack]

17 posts in this topic

New release for Xbox:
HALO: COVENANT EDITION

Current version: v1.4
Play as a grunt in Halo campaign - fight marines alongside your covenant allies.

Features:
-play as a grunt on Covenant team
-spawn with covenant encounters
-fight against marines
-fight with allies
-can use all weapons and vehicles
-uses player walking physics
-player has shields
-press white to say a taunt
-new cutscenes and intro
-Easter eggs
-new colours for grunts
-respawning enemies
-new battles and encounters
-see covenant in idle state and explore

Update features:

-new health system

-hidden bosses

-bug fixes and other content

This map pack radically changes the dynamic of Halo's campaign. You will spawn as a grunt among your allies and make your way through what is now allied territory to seek battle. You fight marines and flood along-side your covenant allies. There are less battles but the battles that are there are much bigger and can theoretically last hours. Marines use different weapons and tactics which make for interesting fights. Each level should be beatable but you must meet a condition, i.e. defeat all enemies, hit a switch, or reach the end of a timer. For example, to beat a50 you need to kill Captain Keyes and wait.

I left the multiplayer option in the menu so that you can use your favorite Halo Grunty Party Pack maps there. I might still do a multiplayer AI pack to go with this so stay tuned. Also note a30.map has two versions. Just rename the maps to use.

DOWNLOAD HERE

VIDEO DEMO

Credits:
-SPARTAN04 for grunt_mp tags

Tools used:
-Arsenic
-Eschaton
-HHT
-HMT v3.5
-HEK
-MEK [Refinery]

Thanks to Microsoft and Bungie for Halo

Please like and comment if you play this
Edited by KasperZERO

I watched the demo video and I like what I see. I was expecting a simple biped swap mod, but nope this is very refreshing to see and I actually have been wanting to make a mod for all the halos of a Covenant side of the war type of mod. I have a lot of things i wanna ask, but to save you having to read a huge post ill just ask the main 3.

1. How'd you get the view hands of the grunt?

2. How'd you get the spawn different?

3. Lastly how'd you get Arsenic to work? I've tried to get that program to work for ages. 

3 hours ago, JD The Tank said:

I watched the demo video and I like what I see. I was expecting a simple biped swap mod, but nope this is very refreshing to see and I actually have been wanting to make a mod for all the halos of a Covenant side of the war type of mod. I have a lot of things i wanna ask, but to save you having to read a huge post ill just ask the main 3.

1. How'd you get the view hands of the grunt?

2. How'd you get the spawn different?

3. Lastly how'd you get Arsenic to work? I've tried to get that program to work for ages. 

1. I added new textures for cyborg/fp/hands and multipurpose bitmaps. The grunt hand texture is a pattern borrowed from grunt arms and legs bitmap.

2. I moved the player starting locations into covenant encounters using Sapien or Arsenic. The cutscene camera points were added through scripts.

3. It took me a long time to get Arsenic to work. I'm using Arsenic 2.0.0.9. You need .NET framework 1 and 3.5 and I think 2 also. You will also need DirectX Aug and Nov 2008 and SlimDX Nov 2008. This will not work with SlimDX Jan 2012. If you need any help feel free to PM me.

I'm actually looking for help to get this to work either as third-person or on the Xbox 360. If anyone has any info on running Halo in 3rd person on the Xbox or can run this on the 360 let me know. You can use the Yelo devcam trainer for now if you want third-person gameplay.

Edited by KasperZERO

I can confirm that the mod works on Xbox 360 JTAG/RGH :) I really like this mod and I'd love to see if it's possible to do this kinda thing with the other Halos! :) Pretty much all good, I just have two things I wanna say, but I'm pretty sure at least one of them is because of Game Engine Limitations. 

First thing is that sometimes when theres a lot of AI on screen or in the area at a time the FPS drops a fair bit, but I've seen this also happen in other Map packs I've downloaded for Halo.

Second thing might be a glitch and not sure how I can fix it. With the second mission, both version seems to be the same. You start in the same area and both end with the bridge switch.

I should also point out that I tried renaming both files and even deleted them both and reinstalled a30b.map only then rename it to a30.map.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but I thought I'd let you know anyways. Thank you for your great work, this has made it to the list of things I wanna stream. :) One last thing is I just tested the first two levels and look forward to playing the rest, Thanks again.

-JD The Tank

20 hours ago, JD The Tank said:

Second thing might be a glitch and not sure how I can fix it. With the second mission, both version seems to be the same. You start in the same area and both end with the bridge switch.

Thanks for the tip man, there must have been a mix up. I'll have that fixed for the update. Also some FPS issues will be addressed and also a better health system.

JD The Tank likes this

Looking forward to the updates you bring and other content for that matter. I have something I wanna ask you and that is the possibility of porting this to Custom Edition? Or even porting Custom Edition maps to Xbox?

3 minutes ago, JD The Tank said:

Looking forward to the updates you bring and other content for that matter. I have something I wanna ask you and that is the possibility of porting this to Custom Edition? Or even porting Custom Edition maps to Xbox?

Yeah, there's been plenty of OG Xbox ports of Custom Edition maps. I believe that's what Arsenic's capable of doing.

JD The Tank likes this

Do you know if it's possible to port over .yelo maps or CE maps in general to xbox? Or are they over the game limitations to play on console?

22 hours ago, JD The Tank said:

The final edition will also be released for Custom Edition. Xbox users are getting early access since this mod is being made mostly for Xbox users. Here's a sneak peak at the update, which will feature bosses:

Also I doubt Yelo maps would run on an og Xbox. This was very difficult to get running as it is.

Edited by KasperZERO
JD The Tank likes this

I like the idea of boss battles in this and the inclusion of the Golden Magnum, it reminded me of the Golden Deagle from Cod 4 :) I also forgot to mention in my original review/feedback comment that I like the respawning AI and the openness of the map. The openness of the map makes it feel like a free roam game and the respawning AI keeps the game flowing! Cannot wait to play this on both Xbox and PC! One more thing I wanna ask is, have you looked into the a30 glitch I ran into, or am I maybe renaming the map wrong?

11 hours ago, JD The Tank said:

have you looked into the a30 glitch I ran into, or am I maybe renaming the map wrong?

I have, everything checks out on my end. Could you confirm that you are clearing your cache before you run the other version?

Also the openness of the game gives it a bit of an RPG feel, sort of like how Halo was originally intended to be.

Edited by KasperZERO

I have not been clearing my cache after changing maps. That's probably it then, I literally just woke up before and that was one of the first things I thought about :P

Okay so I did the clear system cache and can confirm that it resolved the issue I was having. Quick question about the second version of a30. Is that version beatable or is more a map with ai kinda deal? Also sorry about a lot of questions and comments on this forum page. I do it because I don't mind finding bugs or issues others might have and all they have to do it read the forum and they should be ready to play the mod to it's full potential. If this does annoy you I am sorry, but i feel it's actually something you want like feedback and such. Anyways thanks again and look forward to all the updates and other content you produce on this site. :) If allowed, I'll eventually post a link to a stream of me playing mod whenever I actually get around to it lol :P okay I'm actually done now lol.

4 minutes ago, JD The Tank said:

Okay so I did the clear system cache and can confirm that it resolved the issue I was having. Quick question about the second version of a30. Is that version beatable or is more a map with ai kinda deal? Also sorry about a lot of questions and comments on this forum page. I do it because I don't mind finding bugs or issues others might have and all they have to do it read the forum and they should be ready to play the mod to it's full potential. If this does annoy you I am sorry, but i feel it's actually something you want like feedback and such. Anyways thanks again and look forward to all the updates and other content you produce on this site. :) If allowed, I'll eventually post a link to a stream of me playing mod whenever I actually get around to it lol :P okay I'm actually done now lol.

a30b.map might not be beatable.