Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Vengeful 'Vadam

Modding
Issue with placing new Squads in Campaign maps.

7 posts in this topic

I followed this tutorial by Lehvak on how to place new squads in a map:

With this method, I was able to spawn a new pair of Hunters (as well as an Elite General, but it's not present in the following video since I recorded it before I placed the new Elite) at the end of Nightfall, as shown here:

https://twitter.com/vengeful_vadam/status/1086434600199561217

However, I'm trying to follow this method on other maps, and nothing I try works. At this moment, I'd like for a few Brutes to spawn next to the Hunters in Club Errera on New Alexandria. I made sure that the appropriate Designer Zonesets were enabled for that BSP (the Brute Minor and the Brute Captain are in the "Gameplay" Zoneset on New Alexandria, which is 1, and it was already enabled in the first place). 

Here's what I have set up. I made three new squads for each Brute that I want to spawn (2 Minors and a Captain) and they essentially follow the same settings as each other besides the spawn coordinates and the character indexes which is 3 for Brute Minor and 8 for Brute Major. I tried copying the values used for the Hunters that spawn in the same area, which I did for my new Nightfall encounter.

Spoiler

xikU1S5.png

Gy4aXY7.png

PMVe2eb.png

VqG0y2Y.png

YJ74jL7.png

3NtOaPW.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you create a script to make them spawn?

If there is no script for them, they will never spawn.

The tutorial doesn't say it, but I was told in the comments after trying it by myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

Did you create a script to make them spawn?

If there is no script for them, they will never spawn.

The tutorial doesn't say it, but I was told in the comments after trying it by myself.

No, but I didn't even need to do that for the Nightfall Hunters that I added. 

Where would I make one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are adding AI to a campaign map you will need a few extra expressions to get the AI to spawn at the right time. EG if I added some extra AI into the middle of The Storm in halo 3 I would also need to alter the script(s) that spawn those AI with a extra ai_place that spawns my own extra squads. These squads will also need the correct zones and objectives in order to do anything interesting outside of just standing there or defaulting to the patrol behaviour. 

If you enable the initially placed flag and they exist outside of the very first loaded BSP in that map, after spawning they will cease to exist/be unloaded depending on the zoneset etc. 

As for adding the extra lines of Blam script there is no public compiler yet. Sorry about that but you will need to learn to manually write out the needed expressions.  

Edited by Akarias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Akarias said:

If you are adding AI to a campaign map you will need a few extra expressions to get the AI to spawn at the right time. EG if I added some extra AI into the middle of The Storm in halo 3 I would also need to alter the script(s) that spawn those AI with a extra ai_place that spawns my own extra squads. These squads will also need the correct zones and objectives in order to do anything interesting outside of just standing there or defaulting to the patrol behaviour. 

If you enable the initially placed flag and they exist outside of the very first loaded BSP in that map, after spawning they will cease to exist/be unloaded depending on the zoneset etc. 

As for adding the extra lines of Blam script there is no public compiler yet. Sorry about that but you will need to learn to manually write out the needed expressions.  

I have no idea where to start when it comes to learning how to do that. I'm somewhat new to modding, myself. Where can I go to learn how to alter an existing script to add a new ai_place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Vengeful 'Vadam said:

I have no idea where to start when it comes to learning how to do that. I'm somewhat new to modding, myself. Where can I go to learn how to alter an existing script to add a new ai_place?

Same problem I had. Got no help though.

Maybe ask the experts, they appear to be kind with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there should be check box to always spawn or something, which spawns them when map loads. if you need them to spawn in at a later time or with trigger or whatever, then you will have to script them to spawn

Akarias likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now