Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AltSierra117

General
Halo 3 - Forged Campaign

3 posts in this topic

Current Xenia build version 1.0.1754-d3d12 released on 29/01/2019 (DD/MM/YYYY)

=======================================================================

Today I decided to give a try by implementing Forge World mode into my Campaign mod. It was very simple to do as I followed some tutorial provided here and by comparing side-by-side GameCheat's modded map so I could understand how it works. Multiplayer tags were needed to be used and extracted from MP maps and then imported to SP, such as "wgtz\ui\multiplayer" named as User Interface Globals Definition and "mulg\multiplayer\multiplayer_globals" named as Multiplayer Globals were used from GameCheat13's map over mine.

For now I will not provide any downloaded link for it as it's a testing modification and I want to spawn basically weapons and vehicles, instead of regular grenade projectile swap.

This is the best what the emulator can pull of thanks to Triang3l. It still crashes on certain parts of the game where it tries to render some assets.

I'm still using my Halo 3 Campaign Mod which can be downloaded from here

==============================================================================================================================================================================

Note: You can keep track of progress here and it may differ from my time and availability to continue such mod. Also since I do not own any recording device to show the footage from the X360, I had to use Xenia emulator.

==============================================================================================================================================================================

** I've been trying to apply the same modification for other maps as well but I'm not having much success as the map crashes as soon as it loads. Might be due to current injected tags which are not supported for every map. This takes a lot of time to be fixed. And for that reason it might be the one why GameCheat didn't finished his forge mod, which requires time and patience to make everything working.

Edited by AltSierra117

Wow! It would be nice to see at least a few different campaign missions with Forge implemented to them. I've always loved playing this as a classic.

AltSierra117 likes this

On 1/30/2019 at 5:50 PM, weighta said:

Wow! It would be nice to see at least a few different campaign missions with Forge implemented to them. I've always loved playing this as a classic.

Im still crunching out some levels, i should have a trello soon...

AltSierra117 likes this