Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Vengeful 'Vadam

.MAP
Halo Reach: Evolved, a campaign overhaul for Reach.

23 posts in this topic

Salutations, and welcome to Halo Reach: Evolved, my first modding project. This is a campaign overhaul for Halo Reach that aims to bring in certain aspects from the original trilogy of Halo games, edit some of the enemy encounters, and alters the weapon and vehicle sandbox to give each tool of destruction its own distinct niche in the game, similarly to how every available weapon in Halo: Combat Evolved had a unique role to fill in that game.

Preview:

Spoiler

Changes:

General:

• Armor Ability usage is removed with the exception of the Jetpacks on Exodus since it's required to finish the level.
  • Player movement speed is 10% faster and jump height is 25% higher.
  • Carry up to 4 of each type of grenade, and frag grenades only explode "when at rest" like they do in Halo: CE.
  • Crosshair has been moved slightly upwards on the screen.
  • Film Grain effects removed from each mission.
  • Edited encounters on some of the missions.

Weapons:

• MA37 Assault Rifle is now called the MA37B; like in CE, it has a 60 round magazine, fires in 15 rounds per second, and has a wide firing spread.
  • M6G Magnum is now the XM6D, a prototype of the famous Halo 1 Pistol: 12 round magazine, full-auto capability like in CE, slightly higher damage per shot than the standard Reach pistol, and the exact same bloom mechanics from the multiplayer version of the CE Pistol.
  • M392 DMR is now the M392 Battle Rifle: 2x magnification, 3-round bursts, zero-bloom, and a sage-green numbers plate like in the Reach Beta.
  • Needle Rifle has a 4x magnification, double the damage per shot than standard Reach NR, only takes 2 needles to supercombine unshielded enemies, but has a slower rate of fire and only a magazine size of 10 needles.
  • Plasma Repeater is now the Plasma Spate: 5-round burst plasma weapon that works well in close-mid range firefights. Also uses a new reddish-Pink color scheme.
  • Plasma Rifle's damage has been buffed to Combat Evolved levels of power, and it uses a color scheme that's reminiscent of the CE variant.
  • Spiker is now the Eviscerator: a fully-automatic Brute shotgun that fires 5 spikes per shot, with a max range of 15 world units.
  • Fuel Rod Gun now takes heavy inspiration from the Combat Evolved variant: battery-powered, dark-purple color scheme, a more pronounced arc for the projectile, and a wider firing spread.
  • Sniper Rifle fires about as fast as the Halo 1 and Halo 2 variants, but its heavy vehicle damage has been significantly reduced.
  • Rocket Launcher now locks on to ground vehicles as well as aircraft a la the Halo 2 variant.
  • Spartan Laser has one extra shot, giving it 5 total like its Halo 3 counterpart.
  • Energy Sword is no longer usable and will detonate when an enemy drops it.
  • Plasma Launcher is no longer usable and will detonate when an enemy drops it.

Vehicles:

• All vehicles received a 50% base health increase.
  • Warthog Chaingun received an accuracy buff, returning it to its Halo 3-era settings.
  • Mounted Machine Gun Turret received an accuracy and damage buff, but at the cost of a slow start-up time, returning it to its Halo 3-era settings. Two more have been added at the end of The Package.
  • Rocket Warthog's projectiles do 50% more damage.
  • Falcon Chin Gun is now fully automatic with an overheat function.
  • The Revenant is now the Apparition, a mobile Covenant Flamethrower platform that does massive damage to infantry, but has a worse heavy vehicle matchup.

Characters:

• Noble Team shares a primary Sage color, mirroring the old Fall of Reach concept that all Spartans donned this color.
  • All Grunts wear the Minor's backpack.
    • Majors are a more defined red like their original trilogy counterparts.
    • Heavys are a more defined green like their original trilogy counterparts.
    • Spec Ops are a more defined dark-purple like their original trilogy counterparts.
  • Elite Officers, Ultras, and Zealots wear the Minor armor, and the Field Marshall wears the Officer armor.
    • Elite Zealots and Field Marshall are in solid gold, with Zealots wearing a Black secondary.
    • Elite Generals now use the old purple Zealot colors.
    • Elite Officers wear a more defined red color like the Majors did in the original trilogy.
  • Elite Ultras and those of a higher rank will pull out an Energy Sword when they berserk.
  • Hunters can now be boarded from behind once their back armor is broken off. 

Shoutouts:

• AltSierra117 - for helping me figure out shader editing, weapon/equipment swapping in the scnr tags, hunter boarding, CHDT swapping, AI Generic Firing Pattern editing, and a bunch more stuff. 
  • Lord Zedd - helping me get the gate on Sword Base to open when I swapped out the Target Locator for the Rocket Launcher, helping me figure out some things relating to squad editing, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember rn.
  • Gamecheat13 - for various ideas 
  • JJIJR - Flame Projectile for the Apparition.

Download Link:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgBNuu4h4p5cxCYa80zapaPWolnH

Edited by The Vengeful 'Vadam

Now I have something to showcase when I make the update video on my RGH console, amazing work! A friend messaged me about this mod

Hope this doesn't sound like a really stupid question....

1) Does one need a modded 360 to play this?

2) Could this "new" game be downloaded as a WHOLE, then burned to a DVD and then inserted into the 360 to be played like a normal game disc?

THANKS!

Fantastic work on this VV, I've been following the progress on this on twitter and it looks sweet as. Can't wait to play it.

2 hours ago, rms8 said:

Hope this doesn't sound like a really stupid question....

1) Does one need a modded 360 to play this?

2) Could this "new" game be downloaded as a WHOLE, then burned to a DVD and then inserted into the 360 to be played like a normal game disc?

THANKS!

1: Yes, you'll need a modded 360 to play this

2: No, they are patches that you apply to the .map files of the game in assembly.

Hope this has helped

25 minutes ago, L337H4X0RZZ said:

Fantastic work on this VV, I've been following the progress on this on twitter and it looks sweet as. Can't wait to play it.

2: No, they are patches that you apply to the .map files of the game in assembly.

Hope this has helped

Dang, was really hoping these patches could be streamed into the original game then compiled into an ISO which could then be downloaded and burned to a disc...alleviating the need for a modded 360.

Either way, phenomenal work to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!

40 minutes ago, L337H4X0RZZ said:

Hope this has helped

IS this a good source to mod my 360?

https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-JTAG-your-Xbox-360-and-run-homebrew/

Gotta say this:

Game freezes when starting a level.

Tried Winter Contigency, btw.

EDIT: Same with ONI: Swordbase, still testing others.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the problem. I don't have an English version of the game and thus, will never be able to test this unless I can find it or have someone give me one.

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn
EpsilonsPcIsBroken likes this

23 hours ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

Gotta say this:

Game freezes when starting a level.

Tried Winter Contigency, btw.

EDIT: Same with ONI: Swordbase, still testing others.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the problem. I don't have an English version of the game and thus, will never be able to test this unless I can find it or have someone give me one.

Try these clean maps and xex, and use the patches on them. https://mega.nz/#F!Y9pFCYbZ!wiHT75ebrWpvtNpfEMr8_A

9 hours ago, The Vengeful 'Vadam said:

Try these clean maps and xex, and use the patches on them. https://mega.nz/#F!Y9pFCYbZ!wiHT75ebrWpvtNpfEMr8_A

I've been looking for a title update patch for Reach for ages now and had no luck. Thank you for having an xex modded and tile update patched, I can finally get the DLC maps working, hopefully

The Vengeful 'Vadam likes this

Here's some gameplay I uploaded last night of the mod, for those who don't have an RGH or JTAG

Spoiler

btw , what is the creature in your profile picture ? XD

20 hours ago, The Vengeful 'Vadam said:

They seem to work for me just fine.

it didnt work for me:(

Edited by king09

1 hour ago, EpsilonsPcIsBroken said:

Well now it it says that I cant load the content, what should I try? I already have a modded xex

Are your "unmodified" maps clean? Are you also on the English version of the game?

same thing..can't load content. medded xex..anything

--fixed use a modded xex i found on another site..fired right up!!  very cool work you did

Edited by cycogod
fixed
The Vengeful 'Vadam likes this