Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tobymac01

Support
Need help with the customization meun

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to make brutes customizable and playable in multiplayer and I'm stuck on trying to make the different parts of armour change when selecting a different option. I also want to fix the animation as the brute is currently t-posing. I'm also using Xenia which is an emulator so if anyone knows how to make poking work that would also be much appreciated.

Here's the progress I've made so far

Desktop Screenshot 2019.05.27 - 17.21.33.92.pngDesktop Screenshot 2019.05.27 - 15.57.44.13.png

Many thanks, Toby

mulg tag for armor, animation you'd have to edit the scripts as that's what sets the animations.

Tobymac01 likes this

Thanks for responding, I do have two questions.

1) I've replaced the permuations to the brute's but it doesn't change when I select different armour pieces, does this mean I've done it wrong or is there another step for that?

2)I've found the animation and tried to replace it with an idle animation for the brute shot but when I save and compile it comes with gameleak gtfo.

Sorry if these are obvious question but I'm not so familar with Halo 3 as I am on Halo 2 Vista.

Thanks again, Toby

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Tobymac01 said:

Thanks for responding, I do have two questions.

1) I've replaced the permuations to the brute's but it doesn't change when I select different armour pieces, does this mean I've done it wrong or is there another step for that?

2)I've found the animation and tried to replace it with an idle animation for the brute shot but when I save and compile it comes with gameleak gtfo.

Sorry if these are obvious question but I'm not so familar with Halo 3 as I am on Halo 2 Vista.

Thanks again, Toby

There is no public script compiler, the "Gameleak GTFO" was something of an inside joke years ago.

You will have to manually edit the script expression that contains the stringID for the animation. Script Expressions are in the Scenario [SCNR] tag.

Edited by Akarias
Tobymac01 likes this

4 minutes ago, Akarias said:

There is no public script compiler, the "Gameleak GTFO" was something of an inside joke years ago.

You will have to manually edit the script expression that contains the stringID for the animation. Script Expressions are in the Scenario [SCNR] tag.

Oh ok thanks 

1 hour ago, Akarias said:

How would I find what this certain script expression is as I have no idea. Sorry if I'm asking too many questions lol.

I finally did it thank you so much Lord Zedd you're a hero and thanks Akarias I'll look into the script.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.05.28 - 01.01.45.16.png

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, Tobymac01 said:

How would I find what this certain script expression is as I have no idea. Sorry if I'm asking too many questions lol.

Use the DEV branch of Assembly, go into the scripts page, set "Enable Extra Infomation" to on (Bottom left). You will see new information in the script decompiler, goto the script responsible for applying the animation. Its now a case of finding the expression and adjusting it.

; Index: 44, EXP: 2435
(script dormant void appearance_characters
    (begin
        (print "appearance characters [static script]")
        (pvs_set_object "chief")
        (pvs_set_object "elite")
        (sleep 1)
        (objects_attach "chief" "right_hand" "appearance_ar" "")
        (objects_attach "elite" "right_hand_elite" "apperance_pr" "")
        (sleep 1)
        (custom_animation_loop "chief" "objects\characters\masterchief\masterchief" "ui:rifle:idle:var1" false)
        (custom_animation_loop "elite" "objects\characters\elite\elite" "combat:pistol:idle:var0" false)
        (texture_camera_enable_dynamic_lights true)
    )
)

you will need to adjust the expressions after `custom_animation_loop`, the stringID is just the data sections at 0x10.

Group expressions represent a set of parenthesis `( *** )`

Group expressions point towards two expressions, the next expression index represents the expression that will come after the group. The data is a ExpressionDatum that will point to the expression placed inside the parenthesis.

A function expression represent an opcode eg: physics_set_gravity. A function expression will just point to the next expression to come after it.

So the following would be:

(sleep 100) 

would be equal to:

Group ---> Function ---> Function

Just scroll through them until you find the opcode for custom_animation_loop and it is a function_name. You can then arguments for it, they will be directly after it.

OR <-----

Rename the animation in the brutes animation so that it matches what the originals are called.

Edited by Akarias
Tobymac01 likes this

56 minutes ago, Akarias said:

Use the DEV branch of Assembly, go into the scripts page, set "Enable Extra Infomation" to on (Bottom left). You will see new information in the script decompiler, goto the script responsible for applying the animation. Its now a case of finding the expression and adjusting it.

you will need to adjust the expressions after `custom_animation_loop`, the stringID is just the data sections at 0x10.

Group expressions represent a set of parenthesis `( *** )`

Group expressions point towards two expressions, the next expression index represents the expression that will come after the group. The data is a ExpressionDatum that will point to the expression placed inside the parenthesis.

A function expression represent an opcode eg: physics_set_gravity. A function expression will just point to the next expression to come after it.

So the following would be:

(sleep 100) 

would be equal to:

Group ---> Function ---> Function

Just scroll through them until you find the opcode for custom_animation_loop and it is a function_name. You can then arguments for it, they will be directly after it.

OR <-----

Rename the animation in the brutes animation so that it matches what the originals are called.

Alright will try that, I really appreciate the help thanks a bunch!