Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
haloman30

Support
Injection Issues

8 posts in this topic

Hey, so I've been having these issues for quite a while and I'm hoping that there's some way around the issue, or at the very least an idea as to what the cause of the issue is.

I've been working on a new version of my old Forge World mod (known mostly as forerunner.map or Forge World Ultimate). For this rework I'm using the latest development build of Assembly (March 22 as of writing) as the latest release build hasn't been updated since 2017. For injections, I've been using the new "Extract List" feature to grab things. It's nice, but I'm starting to meet up with the same issue I had in the past.

As time goes on and I inject more things, I keep running into things breaking. It's a bit different than before, though. Where in the past old content would mysteriously break, now it's backwards - newly injected content seems to stop working. Even simple things like render models don't want to inject properly.

A couple other notes, I was having some crashing issues when injecting things in bulk, but when I split it into a couple of tag collections everything actually injects fine.

The filesize for the new version is only 224MB, and I've seen other maps that are much larger in size that work with no issues. Is this just an inherent issue with these sorts of mods? Is there something that actually causes it besides just "too many injections"? I've been wanting to make a better version of the map, and while it's seemingly been coming along nicely, this issue has been a long-standing issue and I'd like to know how or if I can get around this and make this thing be what I want it to be instead of being held back by mysterious limitations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a list of what you extracted to make the big tagc crash? or still have the tagc files? And some patches with descriptions of what objects break? PM me.

Inherently, "inject all the things" mods will start bumping into memory limits of the console. If there is some other issue(s) happening, I am not aware of any specifics that would help in solving it right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lord Zedd said:

Do you have a list of what you extracted to make the big tagc crash? or still have the tagc files? And some patches with descriptions of what objects break? PM me.

Inherently, "inject all the things" mods will start bumping into memory limits of the console. If there is some other issue(s) happening, I am not aware of any specifics that would help in solving it right now.

Yeah, I still have all the .tagc's and everything. I'll get some patches made and PM them to you tomorrow (or in my timezone technically later tonight, sleep schedule is all backwards and I'm about to head to bed xd).

I would expect memory issues and such to happen of course, but the issue I'm having appears to be with actual level data. My older version of the map is well over 300MB and works without a hitch in it's current state, yet this map is about 100MB smaller and has issues with it. Either way I'll work on making patches and such tonight (or I can send you the .tagc files themselves too if it helps).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Filesize was just a general indicator, which isn't as useful with the latest Assembly since it reuses resource pages where it can, reducing the filesize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can recall the problem isn't necessarily with the injection part, but more with the extraction.

I can extract some tags (with or without raw) and once it finishes extracting it shows how much was extracted as intended, but if I attempt to extract the same tag again, it will throw more data as if the first extraction was incomplete.

And I can tell because I've ran into freezing problems, textures not showing properly or missing, or the tag not spawning at all (and freezing as well). If I add a more complete extracted tag, the problems notoriously reduce.

Not sure if anyone understands what I'm trying to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

Filesize was just a general indicator, which isn't as useful with the latest Assembly since it reuses resource pages where it can, reducing the filesize.

Yeah I noticed that, nice work on that btw (and that extraction list is a life-saver)

10 hours ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

I can recall the problem isn't necessarily with the injection part, but more with the extraction.

I can extract some tags (with or without raw) and once it finishes extracting it shows how much was extracted as intended, but if I attempt to extract the same tag again, it will throw more data as if the first extraction was incomplete.

And I can tell because I've ran into freezing problems, textures not showing properly or missing, or the tag not spawning at all (and freezing as well). If I add a more complete extracted tag, the problems notoriously reduce.

Not sure if anyone understands what I'm trying to say.

I see what you mean, not sure if that's the issue or not. Will do some research once I send zedd the goodies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 4:24 PM, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

I can recall the problem isn't necessarily with the injection part, but more with the extraction.

I can extract some tags (with or without raw) and once it finishes extracting it shows how much was extracted as intended, but if I attempt to extract the same tag again, it will throw more data as if the first extraction was incomplete.

And I can tell because I've ran into freezing problems, textures not showing properly or missing, or the tag not spawning at all (and freezing as well). If I add a more complete extracted tag, the problems notoriously reduce.

Not sure if anyone understands what I'm trying to say.

if you have a specific example that would be helpful, but since assembly steps through plugins to extract tags things shouldnt change unless you were to swap in some plugins that have less tagrefs defined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

if you have a specific example that would be helpful, but since assembly steps through plugins to extract tags things shouldnt change unless you were to swap in some plugins that have less tagrefs defined.

I recently uploaded a MAP mod for Forge World, which features a buggy Brute Chieftain. You can check it out.

But I might upload some pics of the random tag extraction problem, as it clearly shows how much was extracted but sometimes it shows less than other extractions (of the same tag).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0