Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GreyTsaki

General
Modding REACH in MCC flight build

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

With flight one just dropping today I finished the one campaign map and instantly went to modding. The files are pretty exposed for the most part, but accessing them is another story. I've tried a few tools but they don't seem to support the files, (mainly the .map files) and I have no clue how to modify the applications like assembly to support it. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by GreyTsaki

How did you get the flight to begin with?

Nothing was announced in the Halo Forums yet.

And even if you actually got it, there is no way it would work with Assembly as the new maps are entirely different coded.

2 hours ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

How did you get the flight to begin with?

Nothing was announced in the Halo Forums yet.

And even if you actually got it, there is no way it would work with Assembly as the new maps are entirely different coded.

They sent emails out to people that were chosen for the flight.

28 minutes ago, adamgm10 said:

They sent emails out to people that were chosen for the flight.

Yeah, noticed this few mins ago. Too bad there were quite few.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on the first build, and I've been poking around trying to find some way to modify the game, mostly just poking around with Cheat Engine like some primitive monkey but no luck.

16 hours ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

Yeah, noticed this few mins ago. Too bad there were quite few.

It's really nothing special. It's literally just Tip of The Spear and a few options for controls and FOV. I guess you could try to mod it but my guess is there isn't much to mess around in there.

The basis of the engine is there, and my first goal was to change the armor somehow but from the looks of things they don't have all of the armor from reach in there yet sadly. I also wanted to play around with tag injecting and what not but because it's running a different engine format than Reach it's not accessible on Assembly. There are some things you can toy around with like the level image and the .campaign file but other than that Assembly doesn't recognize the format.