Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greasy Goose

General
Add Characters/Weapons to different bsp?

7 posts in this topic

I am spawning squads of ai in the campaign maps, everything works good until I try to spawn something that is not in the bsp  and it doesn't work. Is there anyway I can add to the bsp so I can spawn them ? thank you

Posted (edited)

Disclaimer: all going from memory on this, its been a while. I may be missing steps but should be something along these lines. (This is for Halo Reach, so plugin layout will be different)

Not all assets are loaded at the same time due to memory constraints on the console.

Easy but potentially unstable fix (depending on the amount of tags loaded): Use the "Force Load" context menu command from the Dev branch of assembly to force a tag to be always loaded regardless of the set.

RiiwjTS.jpg

OR

To do things correctly adjust the correct Designer Zoneset to include the tag you want loaded.

CAtsgjS.jpg

You will need to add the relevant tag from a palette into the relevant Designer Zoneset so that it actually gets loaded. 

Take a look at your Scenario Zoneset Groups to find out what set you need to adjust. Look at the loaded BSPs to find what 

WPV5kZv.jpg

Edited by Akarias
TFK and Greasy Goose like this

On 29/7/2019 at 7:32 AM, Akarias said:

Disclaimer: all going from memory on this, its been a while. I may be missing steps but should be something along these lines. (This is for Halo Reach, so plugin layout will be different)

Not all assets are loaded at the same time due to memory constraints on the console.

Easy but potentially unstable fix (depending on the amount of tags loaded): Use the "Force Load" context menu command from the Dev branch of assembly to force a tag to be always loaded regardless of the set.

RiiwjTS.jpg

OR

To do things correctly adjust the correct Designer Zoneset to include the tag you want loaded.

CAtsgjS.jpg

You will need to add the relevant tag from a palette into the relevant Designer Zoneset so that it actually gets loaded. 

Take a look at your Scenario Zoneset Groups to find out what set you need to adjust. Look at the loaded BSPs to find what 

WPV5kZv.jpg

I'm sorry to say this but:

First option isn't even available. And yes, I just updated to the dev branch, but I might need to revert it back to the master version as the command didn't exist.

Second option just doesn't work.

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn