Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GruntyGunner

Modding
How do you change game_speed in Halo 3?

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I got around to spending some time in Assembly and I've been having a total blast modifying the various parameters of the tags and poking the changes to my rgh. 

I'm a big CE campaign fan and one of the things I liked to do was experiment with different game speeds by doing game_speed 0.5 in the console. I've searched through many tags where I thought this could be found, like globals for instance but I'm convinced a script needs to be written. I don't know what language Halo scripts are in but I've written programs before in other languages so I can follow along just fine.

Where should I be looking to modify this parameter?

Best regards,

GruntyGunner

Edited by GruntyGunner

Posted (edited)

Correct a script will need to be written.

There is no public script compiler. Sorry I'm a lazy ass and should have finished the one in TagTool months ago. I've got a bunch of stuff that needs cleaning up and pushing to the repo.

For now you will need to manually create the script expressions etc in the scenario tag.

Edited by Akarias

8 hours ago, Akarias said:

Correct a script will need to be written.

There is no public script compiler. Sorry I'm a lazy ass and should have finished the one in TagTool months ago. I've got a bunch of stuff that needs cleaning up and pushing to the repo.

For now you will need to manually create the script expressions etc in the scenario tag.

No worries! All your contributions are appreciated! I will begin my research in the scenario tag then and come back with my results. 

Posted (edited)

I hashed this out, have a read. The Opcode you need is game_rate 0.5 0.5 0.5. Use w/e floats you want for the speed but make sure you have all three.

You can get away with just 5 expressions:

Group, Function, Real, Real, Real.

Edited by Akarias
GruntyGunner likes this

Posted (edited)

On 8/24/2019 at 1:37 PM, Akarias said:

I hashed this out, have a read. The Opcode you need is game_rate 0.5 0.5 0.5. Use w/e floats you want for the speed but make sure you have all three.

You can get away with just 5 expressions:

Group, Function, Real, Real, Real.

WOW, you are a bro! I'm gonna make some late night dinner and sit down with Assembly so i can plug this in. This saved me a lot of time.

EDIT: So I got caught up with a lot of things on the weekend, and was also lucky enough to get a Reach PC invitation so that took all of my time. I will definitely post my results as soon as I can.

Edited by GruntyGunner