Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
inbeezruni

Support
Cortana Freezing ( "Halo 3 Ultimate XEX" file uploaded by Lord Zedd?)

7 posts in this topic

Started xbe file with mode applied. Unfortunately, freezing occurred every time Cortana appeared in the 4-player split screen Coop campaign.

Is there a way to solve this symptom of freezing?

Edited by inbeezruni

This is a known bug with the game itself. I have a fix but I wasn't sure if it would break other things so it never got included with the patch.

Open the xex in a hex editor and go to offset x46b398, you should see "41 9A", replace that with "48 00" and save.

inbeezruni likes this

41 minutes ago, Lord Zedd said:

This is a known bug with the game itself. I have a fix but I wasn't sure if it would break other things so it never got included with the patch.

Open the xex in a hex editor and go to offset x46b398, you should see "41 9A", replace that with "48 00" and save.

As you said "41 9A", re-enter and save as "48 00". But there's still Cortana Freezing.

Is it correct to change this part to "48 00"?
I don't see offset x46b398 anywhere.

1.png

Edited by inbeezruni

8 minutes ago, inbeezruni said:

As you said "41 9A", re-enter and save as "48 00". But there's still Cortana Freezing.

Is it correct to change this part to "48 00"?
I don't see offset x46b398 anywhere.

1.png

2.png

53 minutes ago, Lord Zedd said:

Another method "419A0104" changed the code to "48000104". But there was still a cortana freezing. TU is the release version. I didn't update at all.

15 minutes ago, Lord Zedd said:

those images are offsets 12d96 and 893. But if you are using the release version you'd want x45c588

APde6RQ.png

change to

L617A4R.png

You are the best halo modder I have ever met.
And you are a genius among the people I met.
Are you a bungie developer or a 343 developer?
You are a great person!
Thank you. Thank you!!! You are my life saver.!!!!

:)

Edited by inbeezruni