Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MRPIZZA123

Modding
How do you change noble team bipeds in the cutscenes.

8 posts in this topic

How do you change noble team bipeds in the cut scenes. 

Also

I changed the bipeds of the noble team to marines in game play but there were a few glitches.

1. They all had equipment on the floor following them around

2. When they got into a falcon they would stand on the seat

3. Sometimes they would randomly freeze and just stay there in a walking position (i think it happens when they get a new objective)

Does anyone know how to fix these issues, its for a project.

Thats because most of the animations dont exist for the marines.

You pretty much have no other choice but to inherit the animations onto the marines.

Fuck dat (Unless mr zedd has made something to automate it)

But i'm pretty sure that you can fix the three issues.

Anyway, i tried to swap the player bipd to an elite in matg and it broke. I would not spawn, the cutscene did not play and my camera was hovering over the map.

You cant just swap things and expect them to work. For cutscenes everything is a premade animation. If some of these fail it screws around with the scripts and as a result the scripts may not run, it depends. 

No you cant just "fix" these things without having the correct animations present.

3 hours ago, MRPIZZA123 said:

So any idea on how to fix it or should i give up?

I already said, look into animation inheriting. Take a look at the map scripts and see what animations are used.

It wont be a fun process. 

Akarias is right that animation inheriting is what you'll need to get animations working so the bipeds won't be invisible or map freezing. However. one thing you can do for a simple "swap" is to attach whatever you want to swap noble team for as a child object in the hlmt tag. This isn't the best solution though as that'll result in the characters moving around like action figures, but depending on your needs or if you're an Arby n The Chief fan, that might be enough. 

All you need to do is go to the hlmt tag of for the noble team spartans, select the variant you're swapping for, at the bottom of that variant box will be a greyed out child objects box. Click the + symbol and increase the count by 1. For parent marker, usually head works alright but sometimes other markets might work better. The child marker can probably be the same too depending on what you're attaching. And the child variant should be set to whatever variant of the object you're attaching. After that, just set the object to whatever you want it to be.

After all that is done, you'll need to go into the mode tag for the original spartan and remove all the shaders so that you won't get overlapping objects. Once that's done, you should be good to go and will have your action figure version of the characters in the cutscene.