Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ReteroX

Support
Reach CHDT Advice

3 posts in this topic

Hey people  xboxchaos (all three of you),

I am not far away from releasing the first version of one of my Firefight mods for Reach, but I am having a lot of trouble dissecting the chdt files.

I have generally been able to tweak and test other things until I get a grasp of how they are controlled, but I am having a lot of trouble trying to make a weapon like the Plasma Repeater keep its crosshair when zoomed.

I was able to figure out how to do this for Halo 2, but they have changed a lot of the block structure since then.

Any advice is welcome.

Yeah Reach chdt is very ugly. If you pull up a weapon hud that keeps the crosshair, you can try and copy over all the "compiled states" for that crosshair element(s) in the "compiled widget data" (along with the starting value enums) to match.

ReteroX likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks Zedd, I'll give it a go; one would hope success is inevitable with enough attempts.

On a somewhat related note, I finally figured out how to fix the Ammo widget size to match the number of rounds my modded weapons use, so that's something good to come from this line of inquiry.

Edited by ReteroX
New information