Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skilkit

Whats New With Bungie

12 posts in this topic

There was no way around it. Sometime at Joseph Staten's talk this morning at GDC Online, titled "Writing the Whirlwind," somebody would ask a question about Bungie's next project. Bungie's writer and design director knew it was coming, too, and had already warned the audience at the beginning of the session that he wouldn't say word one about the developer's plans for its first post-Halo game.

But Staten just couldn't help himself.

After lamenting that Bungie spent ten years creating a mega-universe that players only experienced for six to eight hours at a time (he's only talking about the single-player campaign here, of course), he dropped this wonderfully cryptic springboard for debate: "Wouldn't it be great if we could make a world that was always there for you?"

So, what does that mean? It sounds like Bungie wants to make sure that after it does the heavy lifting with world building, the player then gets the keys to the proverbial kingdom. Could this be a persistent universe without a set beginning and end, where players control the course of the narrative rather than following a set story with a three act structure? Staten offered nothing else, but it was enough to set the speculation machine in motion.

Read more: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1125907p1.html#ixzz11iS2Qi1E

Thunder likes this

So a free roam type game? Ive always thought about a halo themed free roam. lol but Bungie isnt doing Halo so well see.

Yeah, MMO is the first thing that came to my mind. Didn't they try making one a long time ago? I remember seeing some alpha screenshots.

Yeah, MMO is the first thing that came to my mind. Didn't they try making one a long time ago? I remember seeing some alpha screenshots.

Activision's new CEO was making hints at a project about 6 months ago for a paid online. Perhaps there making Cod:MMO, now only 9.99 a month?

that would suck though

I'm really not sure what it's going to be. I still can't imagine Bungie doing anything other than Halo.

If bungie do a Paid Online game. I'm through with them. But they did say that Activision would have no say in their next project, so. We will see eh?

I'm really not sure what it's going to be. I still can't imagine Bungie doing anything other than Halo.

they have made lots of other games like the Marathon series just look on Bungie.net about there old series of games